Your face is one of the first things that any of the people see easily. Be it on the business, personal, social circles, or any other platform, people look at the face first to judge a person. A smile makes the face look more charming and makes an impression on the others. So, it is important to have a beautiful smile which can improve your personality. There are some people who cannot make it that nice smile due to several reasons. One of the reasons is lack of perfect teeth that distorts the natural smile. So, you might be eager to know about getting that beautiful smile. One of the easier ways to achieve this is by doing facial exercise routinely.
Some of you might have got surprised, as mostly we hear about physical exercise and aspects like facial exercise must be new. Yes, there are some mouth exercises that can help to improve the smile drastically. It can be as effective as any of the other treatments like the reduction of visible lines. Just as any other part of the body, muscles are stretched and strengthened. There are specific exercises that increase the muscle tone and blood flow in the face. It will help to make you look healthier and younger. It will also help in making the face free from sags and wrinkles. Before looking actually at the ways to do facial exercises, we will see why some of the smiles are not so beautiful. Some of the dental reasons deprive you of a beautiful smile.
What are the reasons for an improper smile?
- Improper alignment of the teeth
- Missing teeth
- Problems like underbite and overbite distorting the structure of the smile
- Bad childhood habits like thumb sucking for a long duration
- Keeping mouth in an improper position for a prolonged period
Looking at these reasons behind the improper smile, it is clear that most of these reasons are unavoidable. However, some of the mouth exercises will surely help you achieve a better smile.
How to make smile better?
There are some exercises that can be helpful to improve the smile to a nice level. You can follow some of these exercises and improve the smile.
4 Facial Exercises for the perfect smile:
1. The smile eraser
This exercise is also known as the fish pose. It will be helpful to make you look younger, reduce the fine line, and make the smile look more natural.
How to do it?
- Role your lips out and suck the cheeks from the inner side as much as possible. This process is called puckering.
- While you are in the puckering process, make a try to smile in that position.
- Until there is a little aching sensation in the mouth, do hold this position then you can release it.
Make sure that this process is done only once a day.
2. Silly Rabbit
Here, you simply need to smile more whenever possible with a specific position. Here, while making the facial expressions, you get more control over your smile.
How to do it?
- You must first try to be in a comfortable position and possibly start doing it in front of the mirror.
- The lips and mouth must be in a relaxed position while making an attempt to smile. Press your lips and stretch the corner of the mouth to a maximum position.
- The nose must be wiggled like the rabbit and there must be a feeling of the engaging muscles. This expression can be held for 10 to 20 seconds.
- Repeat this process about 4 to 10 times to get a better smile.
3. Facelift Exercise
The muscle quadratus labii superioris” makes you look younger. It will help to make the face look younger while smiling.
How to do it?
- Open the mouth slightly open, flare out the nostrils and wrinkle the nose with high motion.
- Hold the position for about 10 seconds and release it slowly
- Repeat the process 4 to 10 times a day
4. Smile wide technique
This is one of the simple exercises that you can do casually anywhere. Here, you need to keep up the smile wide, hold it for about 10 seconds and then release it. Continue this process about 7 to 10 times at once. These exercises will particularly cause the staring and stretch in the muscles. It will improve the overall smile easily.
Make sure that you do a few of these exercises daily for at least 20 minutes a day. The strain and stretch caused by these exercises will help to achieve a beautiful smile. Many of the people have got the brighter results of the facial exercises that have eventually improved their smile. Follow a proper schedule for these exercises to gradually improve the smile.
- Dr. Reena Waghela Dental Director of Sabka dentist says “Some of the facial exercises are very instrumental in improving the smile of the person. Many of the dental experts agree to the fact that these exercises are effective. Even if you have inappropriate teeth alignment, it is easier to improve to some extent. Follow a proper facial exercise routine to achieve proper results.”