The health of your tooth is the prime concern throughout your life. A good set of teeth will ease your life in many cases and the cavity-prone teeth will make you sit at the dentist’s chair much time. Oral health is an important concern because the entire health may rely on the mouth to nourish them. This article will help you to know more about how can you save your teeth.
The tooth is fixed to socket and it may come out for some reasons. The common reason for tooth loss is explained below:
- Tooth decay
- Sports Injuries
- Gum diseases
- Broken tooth
The cavity is the major reason for tooth loss in India. Unidentified cavities can penetrate the deeper layer of the teeth and cause you pain. Most of the time tooth filling can rescue your teeth from tooth decay. A root canal is another procedure which treats if the infection reached to the root of the tooth. Some time both procedure will not apply when you lost most of the tooth structure.
How can you prevent Tooth decay?
A cavity can be prevented with good oral care methods. Brushing twice a day for at least two minutes is a must. Flossing will help you to remove plaque and food particle trapped between teeth. The below are a few more methods you can follow to prevent cavity.
- Reduce sweet intakes if you like to have fruit juices limit this for meal time. 2. Rinse your mouth after each meal, This is especially important when you consume sugary snacks.
- Adopt a healthy diet, consuming calcium-rich food will help the strong enamel.
- See your dentist regularly, the professionals will identify the signs of the cavity and recommend the good treatment plan to you.
Traumatic dental injuries usually occur as a result of an accident or sports injury. The majority of these damages are minor – chipped teeth. It’s less obvious to dislodge your tooth or have it knocked completely out but these injuries are more severe. Treatment depends on the type, position, and severity of each injury.
How can I prevent tooth loss due to Injuries?
- Wear a mouth guard is that will protect your teeth against the injuries.
- Wear a Helmet for the sports when it is required.
- If your tooth knocked out, place it in a milk container and see your dentist immediately.
Accidents-Road accidents and bike accidents also can cause tooth loss.
How can you prevent tooth loss due to accidents?
- Consider wearing helmets for two-wheeler ride.
- Though your tooth has avulsed it can be fixed by the dentist. See your dentist immediately. Keep the knocked out tooth with the bottle of milk and go to your dentist along with this.
- If your tooth is safe from the root but the crown is broken an artificial crown will be fixed.
Types of Dental Injuries from Accidents, or Sports Injuries:The following is a list of common dental injuries caused by car accidents.
Cracked or Chipped Teeth:Treatment for cracked or chipped teeth depends on the health of surrounding tissues and nerve and how deep the crack is. Victims of car accidents that suffer dental injuries must seek dental care within 12 hours of the accident to try to save the tooth.
Loosened/Dislodged Teeth:Loosened or dislodged teeth are still intact but have shifted or moved within the mouth or come out of their sockets. Common treatment may involve preserving the tooth if dental assistance is sought within four hours from the accident, splinting, or a root canal.
Lost Teeth:A knocked-out tooth or avulsed tooth can be treated if within hours following the car accident the victim seeks medical treatment from a dentist. If the tooth cannot be saved, veneers or implants may be necessary to restore the tooth or affected teeth.
Gum disease:Plaque is the primary cause of gum disease. However, other factors can contribute to the periodontal disease including poor oral hygiene or some medical condition.
How can I prevent tooth loss?
- Keeping good oral hygiene will be your top priority.
- Get it checked by the professional if you have any cavities.
- Treating cavity will prevent bacteria from spreading to nearby teeth.
- Consult your dentist when you see the signs of gum disease, this will greatly help to save the teeth.