What are the causes of gum infection?
- Poor dental care and poor maintenance of your oral health is the most cited source for gum infection or periodontal disease. Improper dental habits such as brushing once a day, or not brushing at all, no flossing, no utilization of mouthwash, smoking, chewing betel nuts, opening a bottle cap with the teeth etc. all account and lead to severe gum disease.
- Genes can also be listed as another important source for gum infection. If anyone, in your family, has had a history of bad dental health or mainly gum disease, there is high possibility of you inheriting these things too.
- Hormones constantly change in individuals. But pregnant women experience far more changes than a normal individual, which is why they are more prone to gum disease, during the gestational period.
- Some medicines or tablets can have side effects, as we all know. These side effects can also show a sharp decline in your oral health by causing an infection in the gums, thus leading to gum disease.
- Another significant cause of gum disease us the presence of a strong layer of plaque on the surface of the teeth, which then starts receding to the gumline.
- Less consumption of water during a day or dehydration could be another cause for gum disease.
- Poor intake of Vitamin C can also result in infection in the gums.
- A high intake of sugar or even diabetic patients have a higher risk of getting gum disease.
What are the symptoms of gum disease?
- Swollen or reddish gums
- Bad breath
- Bleeding gums
- Loosened teeth
- Weakened teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Yellow teeth
What are treatment options for periodontal disease?
Oral prophylaxis or teeth cleaning will easily take care of the elimination of tartar or plaque. This is to be professionally performed by your dental expert. Issues such as smoking, chewing betel nuts and diabetes are aspects that need to be taken care of, with special attention and control over them. On finishing the professional dental cleaning, brushing and flossing will take care of keeping your oral health at a level that is good for you.
If gum infection accentuates to gum disease, the pockets are to be deeply scaled. This is to be done surgically, performing a minor surgery. Laser treatment is also useful in removing tartar in a less painful manner.
A number of antibiotics can be prescribed by the dental expert including a mouthwash, that can help maintain good odor as well as flush out any bacteria present. A balanced diet is an added bonus which can help prevent any infection in the gums.
Other than these medical practices, you can maintain your teeth in a healthy manner by following the patent dental practices such as brushing and flossing twice a day. A fluoride toothpaste is more beneficial for unhealthy teeth. A good dental floss can do wonders by extracting food particles stuck between teeth.
Last of all, a great mouthwash will only add to good oral health. Gum infection can also cause bad breath which is cancelled out using a mouthwash. Mouthwash can also be used to gargle out any particles or bacteria that cause harm to our teeth and gums.
These guidelines should be followed religiously for apt results. Sabka Dentist efficiently takes care of your teeth and gums, working hard on developing newer techniques and methods for you. It comes up with procedures that are painless, and are available at all it’s branches. The dental health experts not only prioritise your oral health, but also make sure you’re in a peaceful place mentally and physically. It fabricates an environment that is mutually beneficial for everyone, creating a safe environment for the clients to be available in and an easy atmosphere for the dentists to work in. So before your gum pain accentuates to an infection, or furthermore, even a disease, go forth and book an appointment with Sabka Dentist and get the right advice for your oral health. It is an assurance, you will not be disappointed.