Taking care of oral hygiene is one of the important aspects for any individual. Improper care can lead to different oral health issues that are very troublesome. The treatment process of any oral health issues is painful and it is also very costly. So, it is very essential to take care of oral health from the early stages. Teeth are primarily responsible for breaking down the food into small pieces which ultimately go inside the body. A well-chewed food is also nice for the stomach as it easies the digestion process. So, it is very essential to all possible care of oral hygiene.
Amongst different oral hygiene habits, here we will particularly look after the two most primary habits: Flossing and Brushing. Both of them are the most basic oral hygiene habits that every person knows. We all have been brushing since being kids till now, and many of us are doing the flossing activity too.
Are we doing the flossing and brushing correctly?
It has been found that most of the people are doing both these activities in a proper way. This is probably one of the reasons that despite doing flossing and brushing regularly, many people are having some or other oral health issue. So, it is essential to know the way of doing both the activity in a proper way to ensure better oral health.
What is the ideal way for Flossing?
Flossing is very important to remove the food debris from the complicated areas in the teeth and mouth where the brush cannot reach easily.
Here are some of the important things related to flossing:
- Flossing must always be done before brushing the teeth. It will lessen the food debris from the complicated areas before brushing activity.
- The tooth floss must be usually 30 to 35 cm long. It will make the finger movement easy while flossing the mouth.
- Flossing must be done twice in a day if possible or it must be done at least once in a day
- In case you have the braces, you must take special care while flossing as the brackets and wires are very closely attached.
- Make sure that the flossing activity is done before going to sleep and before brushing
What is the ideal way for brushing?
Brushing is one of the basic techniques for maintaining the tooth condition properly. Many of the people may not take it seriously as they might take it as just other daily activities. However, it must be done properly and the parent must ensure that it is done properly so that their kid has better oral health.
Here are some idea ways of brushing:
- Brush at least twice a day and ensure that the brushing at night before going to bed is done properly
- While brushing makes sure that you scrub every corner of the teeth at least a minute
- Your toothpaste must be good in fluoride to ensure controlling plaque development.
- While brushing you have to do gentle brushing gums and tongue which can keep away the bacteria
These are some of the ideal ways of flossing and brushing. Properly following the activities can help to achieve better oral health easily.