Dental Implant Clinics in Ahmedabad
Missing teeth degrades your smile and creates difficulty while chewing the food. Dental implant treatment puts the artificial tooth with an anchor inserted in the jawbone. In Ahmedabad, you can find a better dentist at Sabka dentist for dental implant treatment. It can give a better artificial tooth that can improve your smile.
Talk to a Dentist Now!
Table of content
- What are Dental Implants or Tooth Implants?
- What is the Dental implant procedure?
- What are the steps involved in the dental implant procedure?
- STEP 1: Dental implant placement
- STEP 2: Healing of the dental implant/osseointegration
- STEP 3: Seat of the dental crown
- STEP 4: Impression of the dental crown
- STEP 5: Placement of the dental crown
- What factors can affect the Dental Implant Cost in Ahmedabad?
- Tell Me More About Getting A Dental Implant At Sabka Dentist, Ahmedabad
What are Dental Implants or Tooth Implants?Have you ever thought of the reasons behind the loss of your tooth? One is easy – cavities. Others include oral health issues such as periodontal disease or gum disease, decay of the tooth, cracked or chipped teeth, weakening of the teeth because of old age or just the simple reason for poor maintenance of teeth. These cause the teeth to loosen and hang from its socket, causing it to, one fine day, fall off from the respective gum. Well, those were the reasons. Now let us talk about the solutions.
What is the Dental implant procedure?The vacant spaces left by missing teeth can be filled using other methods. Usually, dental bridges are suggested by the dentists as a solution as it is a traditional method. Dental bridges are a union of two dental crowns or denture, which acts a prosthetic which replaces the missing teeth.
What are the steps involved in the dental implant procedure?Two of the main aspects, that is to be given paramount significance are the dental implant to be utilized and the anatomy of the jaw or the bone. Titanium is usually chosen for the dental implant as it is a highly corrosive metal that is to be fused into the jawbone. The first phase involves the surgery in which the dental implant is hinged upon the jawbone. The second phase involves retrieval of the implant or osseointegration, that is when the bone starts to develop around the dental implant so as to anchor it into the jaw. The third phase involves the placement of a dental crown over the dental implant to give it the appearance and functionality of a natural tooth.
STEP 1: Dental implant placementThe first step involves a minor surgery wherein the implant is placed with precision and drilled or fused into the jawbone. However small it is, still being a surgery, it involves the administration of local anesthesia into the area where the dental implant is to be inserted. The gum flaps are widened and opened using a dental instrument called a scalpel. The screw threads are then inserted to match the threading of the implant. The gums are then stitched and sowed back into their original position. This enables the dental implant to heal and recover slowly, at its own pace and nicely. The implant slowly, with time is pushed below the jawline.
STEP 2: Healing of the dental implant/osseointegrationOnce the implant is completely and fully fused into the jawbone is when the second step begins. This is usually also known as the waiting phase because the implantologists wait and check how quick and how much the growth of the bone is and the stability of the dental implant for about 3 months. Once the implant is completely fused into the jawbone, this makes way for the third step which is the placement of the dental crown.
STEP 3: Seat of the dental crownA base is required for anything to start with. A seat is the abutment or the foundation on which the dental implant is placed. The dental crown is cemented against the abutment or seat that has been prepared by the dentist. Again the gums are cut open, to allow the dentist to get a hold of the dental implant, which is beneath the gums. The abutment is then screwed onto the dental implant. The metal seat or abutment then starts making its way through and starts protruding out of the gums and is clearly visible.
STEP 4: Impression of the dental crownTaking an impression of the tooth during a dental implant procedure is not as easy as it seems. The impression of the abutment, surrounding gums and adjacent teeth, are all to be taken into consideration to produce the perfect dental crowns. Dental crowns can be of various types such as all-metal, all-ceramic, porcelain-fused-to-metal (PFM) and zirconia crowns, which are categorized according to the materials they are made of and their price. This impression for the dental crown is taken after one or two weeks of the setting of the abutment gel. The impression is sent to the dental laboratory until which a temporary dental crown is placed to prevent the entry of any further bacteria.
STEP 5: Placement of the dental crownThe dental laboratory sends the final outcome of the impression that was sent to it, that is, the final product of the dental crown to be placed. It is checked if the dental crown fits perfectly, and only then is it cemented onto the dental abutment. However, in the case of a misfit, the dental crown is then returned to the dental laboratory, where the necessary changes are made. This usually does not happen, and hence it is finally fitted on to the seat or abutment. After the final fitting of the dental crown, the dental implant procedure is complete, giving it the proper appearance of a natural tooth.
What factors can affect the Dental Implant Cost in Ahmedabad?In case you are interested in learning more about the best dental implant cost in Ahmedabad, please read on. There are various aspects that affect the cost of dental implants, a few of which are listed here.
- Number of teeth replacements – Normally, replacing more teeth would cost you more. It’s always a good idea to check out the charges in your location, in case you have a number of teeth to get replaced. Pick a dentistry hospital which is based out of a city in which the regular cost would be around the lower side. For example, teeth replacement or best dental implant cost in Ahmedabad would vary from the actual cost of dental implants in some other city.
- Location of the tooth – The position of the tooth to be replaced, the structure of your mouth, and also the actual position of the teeth to be replaced; all impact the cost of tooth implants.
- Bone strength and density – A very good bone strength and density are necessary for a successful tooth implant. If you have a low bone density, initial bone grafts have to be carried out, which will raise the overall price of having a dental implant.
- Location of the clinic – The location of the dentistry hospital will likely affect the price of a tooth implant. For example, the tooth implant cost in Ahmedabad will differ from the tooth implant cost in some other location.