Dental Bridge Cost & Treatment in Pune
Whenever there is a gap between the teeth due to falling of tooth or tooth removal, a Dental bridge is used to fill the gap where such missing tooth is there. This false tooth is also called Pontic that serves the purpose of the natural teeth. You can get better quality dental implants at any Sabka dentist branch in Pune for a missing tooth.
Talk to a Dentist Now!
Table of content
- What is a Dental Bridge?
- How is Dental Bridge placed?
- Why would you need a Dental Bridge?
- When would you probably need a Dental Bridge?
- Does Dental Bridge hurt?
- What does the Dental Bridge amount to?
- Who is the best for dental bridge application?
- How long does dental bridges last?
- What is the cost of dental bridges?
A bridge is a customized, replacement tooth or teeth that fill the gaps where one or more teeth are missing. In other words a dental bridge is a false tooth (called a pontic) that is held in the desired position by the abutment teeth on either side of the gap.
Pontics can be made out of a variety of materials even of gold but usually they are typically made of porcelain to aesthetically blend in with your natural teeth. The bridge restores your bite and helps you maintain the natural structure of your face. Our experts at Sabka dentist would inspect and recommend which type of bridge is best for you, prioritizing towards your specific needs.
What is a Dental Bridge?
A viable solution in case you have lost a tooth, or when you have a gap that is causing your other teeth to become loose by undertaking application of a dental bridge, the replacement tooth will fill in the spaces missing teeth/ tooth, helping you achieve a wholesome and natural appearance which will happen after the process of restoring the tooth/teeth.
The four main types of bridges which are in use, it is the dentist who will help you determine the right option as per your requirement.
- Traditional bridge: The most common out of the 4 varieties of dental bridges is a Traditional bridge, which can simply be explained as- one or more fake teeth held in place with crowns. These crowns are fused to the teeth surrounding the tooth that is missing.
- Cantilever bridge: The second type of dental bridge is the Cantilever Bridge, which is supported by a crown only on one side. So basically, if you have just one tooth located next to your missing tooth, this type of crown can be easily secured to your mouth.
- Maryland bridges: This is a comparatively conservative approach. Maryland Bridges are made of porcelain or metal framework to hold the fake tooth in its required position. These bridges are not as reliable and strong at holding up the tailored tooth as compared to the tooth cemented in. Hence teeth with immense biting force won’t be able to hold up with a Maryland bridge.
- Implant-supported bridge: The last and final type of dental bridge is an implant-supported bridge, often used when you have more than one tooth missing. These bridges are held in place by implants that are secured to your jawbone for providing maximum stability.
How is Dental Bridge placed?
The placement of a dental bridge is a very easy and non-mechanic procedure, and you will be awake and aware of the procedure taking place, throughout the treatment.
However, if you’re nervous or uneasy about the thought of going through it, your dentist can provide mild medical sedative in order to help you calm your nerves and relax. The dentist before starting off with the treatment will numb the area of your mouth to be treated with a local anesthetic by injecting medication directly into your gums.
Before injecting a topical numbing jelly is placed on your gums to minimize the discomfort of the shot.
Why would you need a Dental Bridge?
A missing tooth should be considered with a sense of seriousness because the innate function of teeth is to work in coordination. Losing a tooth may lead to tilting and spreading of the nearby teeth in order to accommodate that empty space.
There is a strong chance of teeth in the opposite jaw to shift up or down into the gap resulting in adversely affecting your bite and releasing more stress on your teeth and jaw joints, ultimately causing pain and damage.
Tipped or drifted teeth are also harder to clean multiplying the risk for tooth decay and gum disease. When a tooth is missing, the bone may subside in size leading to change in the way the jawbone supports the lips and cheeks, making your face look much older.
When would you probably need a Dental Bridge?
Lost teeth when not replaced, would sequel into making you look much older.
- The lips appear thin and flattened.
- The chin moves forward and upward making it look protruding or pointed outwards.
- Also, the mouth loses some of its shape as the lip line straightens.
- Pouches become visibly obvious on both sides of the lower jaw.
- Formation of Cracks and sores in the mouth.
Above are some of the symptoms ‘visible’ that indicate the need of getting yourself prepared for filling your dental gaps and getting them filled with replacements, for your own good.
Does Dental Bridge hurt?
With the expertise and guidance of our clinical experts we assure you to provide a pain free dental experience with us at Sabka Dentist.
As explained earlier, that during the procedure, you wouldn’t feel sharp pains or any aches because of the use of local anesthetic which is injected before starting with the implant procedure which will temporarily numb your face for a couple of hours.
All you have to do is keep your mouth open for up to several hours, which can leave some discomfort or soreness in your jaw. Prescribed pain relievers should be good enough to typically solve the issue or placing an ice pack on the outside of your jaw should also be of help..
The best thing about a dental bridge as a treatment option is the recovery, which is close to minimal. In fact, one can typically eat normally soon after the bridge has been fixated in your mouth.
Majority of our patients have no trouble adapting to the bridge, but if in case, you feel any pain, you could have a rough patch on the bridge that can be easily fixed by performing an adjustment executed by the dentist itself.
What does the Dental Bridge amount to?
Dental bridge is all about fixing a fake tooth in place of a missing tooth or teeth and the expense of the same depends upon the type on the type of bridge being selected by you. (Kindly refer to the different types of Dental Bridges mentioned below
“WHAT is a dental bridge?”
Make sure to decide on the kind of implant you want to opt for and discuss with your dentist and let them know about your inhibition or inquiry regarding this.
Who is the best for dental bridge application?
Sabka Dentist, an organization which aims to reach households through our open easy and professional services is the place to be in for any of your dental problems. If you’re missing one or more teeth, you’re not alone.
As per statistics average adults between 25 and 65 years of age have at least three decayed or missing teeth. Fortunately, our experts here have ample of firsthand experience in doing the same and in providing you the treatment you need , which in this case would be application of dental bridges.
How long does dental bridges last?
Dental bridges can last for anything between five to 15 years and even longer. Good oral upkeep, regular checkups, and maintaining hygiene with healthy practices are some ways of extending the lifespan of your teeth and makes them[Dental Bridges] last more than the life span of a fixed bridge, exceeding over 10 years
What is the cost of dental bridges?
Dental bridge cost in Pune varies upon which type of bridge you are looking for. We provide the best and affordable dental bridge cost in Pune clinics. To know more about treatment prices please visit here.