Dental Crowns Treatment and Cost in Pune
Dental Crowns are dental caps that are put on the tooth for protecting them from getting damaged. They are used after the root canal treatment where the cavity is cleaned. Dental Crowns are put after cleaning the tooth properly. In Pune, you can visit any of the nearest branches of Sabka dentist to get nice dental crown treatment.
Talk to a Dentist Now!
What are dental crowns?A decayed tooth, cracked tooth, or trauma that is severely damaged can opt for Crown treatment. Crowns also known as dental caps, are tooth-shaped protective covering figurine that covers the severely damaged tooth, avoiding further risk of spreading the infection. Crown, is placed in a situation where an individual tooth or teeth that are severely affected and can’t be solved by placing a filling, as there are no teeth left for filling treatment. Caps or dental crowns are placed on the tooth for many reasons. A tooth that is severely broken or damaged due to injury can go for Dental crowns. Dental crowns also holds the bridge accurately in place. As the crowns are tooth-shaped at some point it improves the appearances of the smile by completing the socket. Crowns are sometimes placed to cover the deformed tooth or badly discolored teeth. If a tooth that is cracked can cause fracture hence, to protect it, the crown is placed. Crowns are artificial tooth that is made before time known as prefabricated or made to order in the laboratory when in need. Prefabricated crowns are for temporary use, made up of plastic or stainless steel metal. These crowns are placed on the affected teeth until the permanent crowns are not ready. Temporary crowns are placed on the tooth to avoid further spreading of the infection in the next tooth. Dental Crowns are classified into various types of materials and they are:
- Porcelain fused to metal (PFM)
- All ceramics.
How is Tooth Preparation done?
- Crown is usually placed after endodontic treatment is done. Root canal or endodontic treatment is recommended when the root is contaminated that has devastated the pulp of the tooth. As to stop the infection from spreading to the other chamber of the tooth, hence, Crowns is placed, so to protect the inviting of bacteria from further damage.
- To prepare a crown, firstly dentist will build a structure to protect the tooth. In a case, where the tooth is severely damaged or decayed a hand-made structure is needed to protect it. If there is a condition of root canal treatment, then the dentist will supply a ready-made foundation.
- In the process of placing a crown, the dentist will trim the tooth to make enough and equal space for the crown to place. In a case, if all metals crown is placed less tooth is trim as it can be made thinner than PFM or ceramic ones.
- The next procedure requires two visits to the dentist. In the first visit, a temporary crown is placed until the permanent crown is prepared in the laboratory. If the permanent crown or a cap is ready then on the second visit permanent crown will be placed. So if you are looking for cost efficiency get Sabka Dentist for affordable tooth cap price in Pune.
How is the crown prepared?The approach of making a crown is as followed:
- The dentist will first use a thread to push the gum of the tooth to take the replica (impression of the tooth) of the tooth. the impression is ideally taken of the upper as well as of the lower teeth, making the biting process easier after placing the crown.
- After taking the shape of the tooth through the impression, it is then sent to the laboratory. Until the permanent crown is prepared the dentist will place a temporary crown that is made up of plastic. A temporary crown is made in advance by the dentist.
- Temporary cement is used to remove the crown easily. At the second visit to the dental clinic, the dentist places a permanent crown with a permanent cement on the tooth to fix it properly for a long period.
What care should be taken after crown placement?
- After the successful placing of crown onto the tooth, as suggested by the dentist there will be no sign of discomfort or sensitivity. However, if there is a root canal treatment done, you might feel some sensation onto the tooth.
- And in case if you feel some discomfort or sensitivity, it is highly recommended to visit the dentist. These issues directly indicates that the crown is too big. Hence, it has to be adjusted.
- To protect the tooth from further tooth decay, dental experts will recommend you a high fluoride gel that has to be applied every night before sleep.
- Continue with brushing and flossing teeth every day, but make sure to do it twice a day to avoid the risk of growing of gum disease.
- If a crown is not fitted well, chances are that the cement will start wearing and tearing off. In such a situation like this, one need not panic as the dental crown may not fall off immediately. But what will happen is that the bacteria enters through the open ends, and then may start decaying the tooth again. So in the case of an improperly fitted dental crown, it is suggested to visit your dentist without fail to avoid the risk.