Talk to a Dentist Now!
What are the causes of gum infection?
- Poor dental care and poor maintenance of your oral health is the most cited source for gum infection or periodontal disease. Improper dental habits such as brushing once a day, or not brushing at all, no flossing, no utilization of mouthwash, smoking, chewing betel nuts, opening a bottle cap with the teeth etc. all account and lead to severe gum disease.
- Genes can also be listed as another important source for gum infection. If anyone, in your family, has had a history of bad dental health or mainly gum disease, there is high possibility of you inheriting these things too.
- Hormones constantly change in individuals. But pregnant women experience far more changes than a normal individual, which is why they are more prone to gum disease, during the gestational period.
- Some medicines or tablets can have side effects, as we all know. These side effects can also show a sharp decline in your oral health by causing an infection in the gums, thus leading to gum disease.
- Another significant cause of gum disease us the presence of a strong layer of plaque on the surface of the teeth, which then starts receding to the gumline.
- Less consumption of water during a day or dehydration could be another cause for gum disease.
- Poor intake of Vitamin C can also result in infection in the gums.
- A high intake of sugar or even diabetic patients have a higher risk of getting gum disease.
What are the symptoms of gum disease?
- Swollen or reddish gums
- Bad breath
- Bleeding gums
- Loosened teeth
- Weakened teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Yellow teeth
Risk factors for gum infection or periodontist
Coming up next are chance variables for gum disease and periodontitis:
- smoking or biting tobacco
- expending certain prescriptions, for example, oral contraceptives, steroids, anticonvulsants, calcium channel blockers, and chemotherapy
- screwy teeth
- dental apparatuses that fit ineffectively
- broken fillings
- hereditary elements
- bargained invulnerability, for example, with HIV/AIDS
What are treatment options for periodontal disease?
Oral prophylaxis or teeth cleaning will easily take care of the elimination of tartar or plaque. This is to be professionally performed by your dental expert. Issues such as smoking, chewing betel nuts and diabetes are aspects that need to be taken care of, with special attention and control over them. On finishing the professional dental cleaning, brushing and flossing will take care of keeping your oral health at a level that is good for you.
If gum infection accentuates to gum disease, the pockets are to be deeply scaled. This is to be done surgically, performing a minor surgery. Laser treatment is also useful in removing tartar in a less painful manner.
A number of antibiotics can be prescribed by the dental expert including a mouthwash, that can help maintain good odor as well as flush out any bacteria present. A balanced diet is an added bonus which can help prevent any infection in the gums.
Other than these medical practices, you can maintain your teeth in a healthy manner by following the patent dental practices such as brushing and flossing twice a day. A fluoride toothpaste is more beneficial for unhealthy teeth. A good dental floss can do wonders by extracting food particles stuck between teeth.
Last of all, a great mouthwash will only add to good oral health. Gum infection can also cause bad breath which is cancelled out using a mouthwash. Mouthwash can also be used to gargle out any particles or bacteria that cause harm to our teeth and gums.
These guidelines should be followed religiously for apt results. Sabka Dentist efficiently takes care of your teeth and gums, working hard on developing newer techniques and methods for you. It comes up with procedures that are painless, and are available at all it is branches.
The dental health experts not only prioritize your oral health, but also make sure you are in a peaceful place mentally and physically. It fabricates an environment that is mutually beneficial for everyone, creating a safe environment for the clients to be available in and an easy atmosphere for the dentists to work in. So before your gum pain accentuates to an infection, or furthermore, even a disease, go forth and book an appointment with Sabka Dentist and get the right advice for your oral health. It is an assurance, you will not be disappointed.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the causes of gum infection?
Gum infection or malady is caused because of poor brushing and flossing propensities that permit plaque to develop on the teeth and solidify.
What is the best way to keep healthy gums without flossing?
Normal brushing is the best method to think about your teeth and gums. In addition to the fact that it removes a great part of the plaque that causes gum infection, however the fluoride in toothpaste forestalls tooth rot by fortifying the teeth.
What are the Facts of Periodontitis Disease?
Periodontal disease is an incendiary disease that influences the delicate and hard structures that help the teeth. Gums become swollen and red because of irritation, which is the body’s normal reaction to the nearness of unsafe microscopic organisms.
What are the ways to prevent gum diseases?
It is necessary to brush your teeth for two and three minutes, at least twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste. Use a mouthwash to rinse that will reduce plaque up to 20 percent.
What are some tips to get healthier gums?
To have healthier gums, Floss at least once a day. Get regular dental cleanings. Brush twice a day. Use fluoride toothpaste. Use a therapeutic mouthwash.
What is a periodontal disease?
Periodontal disease is an inflammatory condition of the gum and bone support (periodontal tissues) surrounding the teeth. Periodontitis can lead to tooth loss.
How can poor oral health affect the rest of the body?
Poor oral wellbeing can influence the mind. Substances that are discharged from gums aggravated by contamination can really murder synapses and lead to memory misfortune.
How dangerous is gingivitis?
Unchecked gingivitis can prompt the demolition of veins that lead to the dangers of coronary illness, cardiovascular failures, strokes and memory misfortune. Gum disease can prompt gum ailment which can prompt tooth misfortune.
Why is it important to brush your teeth before going to bed?
Brushing your teeth at night before going to bed will help to protect teeth from plaque, tooth decay, and gum disease. It is recommended to brush immediately after dinner.