Sabka Dentist – Orthodontic Treatment Clinics in Thane
An Orthodontic treatment treats the problems related to teeth misalignment. Crooked teeth, crowding teeth, overbite, underbite, etc. are some of the improper teeth alignment. With proper Orthodontic treatment, the teeth can be aligned properly to get a better smile. If you reside in Thane, you can visit the nearest Sabka dentist branch for getting better quality Orthodontic treatment.
Talk to a Dentist Now!
Assessment of a patient during the orthodontic treatment
It is the duty of the best orthodontist in Thane to take a proper diagnosis and know the problem before taking up any treatment. It is necessary to know the patient’s history about the oral health. Hence, the best orthodontist in Thane of Sabka Dentist takes up the duty of getting the past information regarding the past dental issue. Later, the procedure moves through the examination of the mouth that identifies particular problems and accordingly the treatment plan is given by the orthodontist
- History of the dental health is the part of history it is necessary to find out the patient’s main concerns, reason for opting this treatment with the judgement of knowing the potentiality of the treatment. At this stage, children should be majorly be encouraged about the treatment and their teeth.
- Examination Stage – In the orthodontic treatment an examination is done of the mouth by the in- house dentist of Sabka Dentist. It includes the extra and internal oral examination, soft tissues, and dental health of one’s mouth. In the process of examination the patient’s mouth is kept in a position of upright and looking straight ahead, in a vertical dimension. The internal oral examination is done like the general dental checkup but, more emphasis is given on the inter- arch relationships which carried by best orthodontist in Thane. Checking of molars, canines, incisors,are assessed with the checking up of overjet, overbite, and centerlines. At the level of examination general health must be given importance.
- Special Investigation stage – In this stage impressions of the socket of teeth is taken as to study the solution for it. The study and the solution that is recorded is used during the treatment. The study is done from the start to the end of the treatment. The changes is observed during the on-going process of orthodontic treatment. X-rays are the extra edition that is taken to know the bone structure of the mouth. Photographs are also taken pre orthodontic treatment and post orthodontic treatment. It records the severity of the mouth and compare the changing of the teeth.
Wearing braces is assumed to be risk free as it is a safe procedure. However there are risks involved.
- Short-term risksDuring the procedure of the orthodontic treatment ample space or rooms is created for the teeth to be positioned correctly. But these spaces create a tiny gap that can be a target for the teeth to trap the food particles and give shelter to the bacteria. If it fails to remove the leftover food particles from the gap it can lead to:
- Loss of minerals from the outer enamel surface of the teeth
- Deposition of cavities and indication of gum diseases.
- Long-term risks
- Shorter root lengths. During the momentum of the tooth, there is a loss to the original bone due to the new bone. It will result in the loss of the root during the process, which could lead to loss of stability. But this issue would not cause any harm.
- Loss of correction. It is a risk of loss of correction after the treatment of orthodontics as the retainers that are provided after the treatment, given by the should be worn all the time, except during sleeping and eating.
Reducing the risk of damaging
To reduce the risk of damaging your teeth and braces here are some following guideliness:
- It is necessary to maintain a conscious diet to have proper braces treatment. Hence, avoid eating sugary, starchy, and beverages, which will create the deposition of the plaque, causing tooth decay. .
- Brushing teeth while braces is on should be done carefully and at regular intervals, because after every meal food particles are stuck to the gap of the brackets that can loosen the strength.
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly to get all the leftover particles out of your braces.
- Make use of a fluoride rinse recommended by the orthodontist.
- Flossing will help to get rid of the particles that is stuck onto the wires with the help of the floss thread.
- Avoid sticky foods like chewing gum, chewy candies, caramel and taffy. The effect will be harmful as it will result in pulling off the brackets,fixed bands, and wires.
- Avoid hard substance foods like ice, raw carrots, candies, popcorn and nuts. They will result in breaking down of the brackets.
- Visiting your dentist for regular checkups and cleaning is necessary to maintain the health of the teeth and oral hygiene.
- Follow instructions if the instructions are not followed properly or if it is neglected it will extend the time of recovering of the teeth with unwanted complications related to oral health.
How to prepare children for orthodontic treatment?
Tooth alignment problems is highly seen in children as they develop the habit of sucking fingers and improper care of the teeth. Hence, in such a case guidelines is given to the children about the growing problem of the mouth. The orthodontists will recommend or guided wearing braces only after the permanent teeth are ready to operate. It is always universally recommended by the dentists that children with the age of 8 and 14 can be appt for the braces treatment. As there is facial bones growing that makes the moment of teeth easier.
Placing the braces
Dental braces typically consist of these components:
- Brackets- they are a square type of a thing that is attached to the outside surfaces of the teeth or either to the backside of teeth, working as invisible by naked eyes. Proper care has to be taken as they are bit tough to handle. Brackets can be made of many materials like stainless steel, ceramic (clear or tooth-colored) or other materials.
- Rubber bands that are ring-like shape is fixed to the molar teeth. But, before placing the bands ample space is created for the rubber bands that is properly tangled to the molar teeth. As they flexible by nature bands are made up of stainless steel or titanium.
- A flexible wire (archwire) it is the wire that is available in different types of material. It is attached to the brackets that holds the teeth and give a precise force to give the teeth a proper position to stabilize. It also control the movement of the teeth.
- Small size rubber bands of different colour or metal ties secure the wire from the end and brackets. There are large rubber bands also that may be used for the moment of the teeth. The rubber bands works for the stretching that helps the upper and lower jaw to create a moment for the correction by applying precise pressure .