How Dental Veneers can help to improve the smile?
Every person desires to have white teeth which can make their smile better. It becomes very difficult to smile when there are stains on the teeth or a yellowish layer on the teeth. Well, dental treatment can help to improve the teeth color nicely. There are various options for improving the teeth color and dental veneers are one such option. Dental Veneers can improve the overall teeth appearance to a drastic level. On some occasions, dental veneers need to have different combinations of treatment options.
What are Veneers?
Dental Veneers are thin covers that are made with porcelain or composite material. They are put on the natural teeth to give a more aesthetic look which is pleasing appearance to the smile. One needs to take a great level of care after using the porcelain treatment. Changing the size, shape, and shading of the teeth can be simpler with dental veneers. The shape, restoration, and color of the chipped tooth can be easily made. There are two types of veneers: Porcelain Veneers and Composite Veneers.
What is the difference between Porcelain Veneers and Composite Veneers?
Making the decision between the Porcelain and Composite veneers can be difficult for the patients. However, knowing some of the important features of both of them can help you to choose the proper option.
- Porcelain veneers are more durable which can last for around 14 to 15 years. The Composite Veneers can last for around 7 to 8 years.
- In case the porcelain veneers are damaged or cracks are developed then it needs to be replaced totally. A smaller crack or similar thing in composite veneers can be corrected easily.
- A Porcelain veneer will need multiple visits to the dentist. In composite veneers, it can be put in a single visit.
- Porcelain veneers can sustain eating little harder food items too. In composite veneers, one needs to eat comparatively lesser harder food items.
- In porcelain veneers, some minor preparation of the teeth is made for making them fit perfectly on teeth. In composite veneers, no specific preparation is needed and they are put directly on teeth.
- Porcelain veneers have lesser chances of teeth staining while in composite veneers there are some chances of teeth staining.
- Porcelain veneers are comparatively more costly than composite veneers.
Whichever options you choose, veneers can give you a better teeth appearance. If your dentist has recommended veneers then do not delay it, get the treatment at the earliest.
Advantages of Dental Veneers:
- Veneer probably might not be a solution to all dental problems, still, for some dental problems they surely are beneficial.
- They can instantaneously be a solution for the teeth staining problem helping you to achieve a better smile.
- Minor issues like chips or smaller cracks can also be addressed easily with the veneers
- The problem of some crooked tooth case can also be easily solved with the veneers
- Enamel loss is common among many people. However, here using the veneers one can protect more damage of the teeth easily with veneers.
Dental Veneers are extremely advantages in solving the stained teeth problem. They can improve the smile of the individual to a great extent.