Sabka Dentist – Orthodontic Treatment Clinics in Pune
When you are dealing with a problem like crowded teeth, the gap between teeth, crossbite, or any teeth misalignment problem then it degrades your smile. Proper Orthodontic treatment is essential here to get proper teeth alignment to solve these problems. In Pune, you can get better quality Orthodontic treatment at Sabka dentist in a cost-effective way.
Talk to a Dentist Now!
Table of content
- About Orthodontic treatment
- Whether you should get an Orthodontic Treatment?
- What are the Orthodontic Treatment options?
- Will I need to have teeth taken out to make space?
- What are the two phases of Orthodontic Treatment?
- How to take care of Braces?
- What is the price of Orthodontic Treatment in Pune?
About Orthodontic treatmentOrthodontic treatment in Pune deals with the diagnosis, prevention and correction of misaligned teeth and jaw relation discrepancy. It also focuses on modification of facial growth. Orthodontic Treatment in Pune is performed by experts known as Orthodontists. At Sabka Dentist clinics in Pune, we have more than 100 orthodontists, who have delivered more than 60,000 orthodontic braces treatment overall.
Whether you should get an Orthodontic Treatment?Either general dentist or an orthodontist at our Pune clinics can be able to determine whether you need orthodontic treatment. Based on several diagnostic criterias and options that includes
- Past and Present medical and dental health history
- Clinical examination
- Plaster models of your teeth formed after taking dental impressions
- Photographs, an orthodontist or dentist can decide whether orthodontics are recommended, and develop a treatment plan accordingly.
- Openbite, colloquially also called as “buck teeth” —This type of malocclusion has no vertical overlap or contact between the front teeth or anterior incisors.
- Overbite — Overbite refers to the extent of vertical overlap of the upper front teeth over the lower front teeth.
- Crossbite — Crossbite is a form of malocclusion where the tooth is either closer to the cheek or to the tongue than its corresponding antagonist tooth in the upper or lower dental arch. Basically, crossbite is lateral misalignment of the dental arches.
- Misplaced midline — In this condition, the center of your upper front teeth does not line up with the center of your lower front teeth.
- Spacing — Gaps, or spaces, between the teeth can occur due to missing teeth/ protrusive teeth/ impacted teeth.
- Crowding — Crowding occurs when there is insufficient space for the dental ridge to accommodate.
What are the Orthodontic Treatment options?Many different types of fixed and removable orthodontic appliances are used to help move teeth, retrain facial muscles and affect the growth of the jaws. The severity of your malocclusion will determine which orthodontic approach and appliance is likely to be the most effective. Fixed appliances include:
- Braces — The most common fixed appliances, braces consist of bands, wires and brackets. Bands are fixed around the teeth or tooth and they act as anchors for the appliance, while brackets are often bonded to the front surface of the tooth. Arch wires are passed through the brackets and then attached to the bands. Tightening the arch wire puts tension on the teeth, gradually moving them to their proper desired position, which can take upto months or years. Braces are usually adjusted monthly
- Oral habit appliances — It is used to control the oral habit of thumb sucking or tongue thrusting. These appliances have features like cribs, rollers, etc.
- Fixed space maintainers — A space maintainer is used to keep the space open until the permanent tooth erupts after exfoliation/extraction of baby/primary tooth. This appliance is custom-made by either dentist or orthodontist in acrylic or metal material. If the space is not maintained, then the teeth can shift into the space created by missing tooth/teeth and orthodontic treatment may then be required. However, not every child who loses a primary tooth/baby tooth early or to dental decay requires a space maintainer; therefore, a consultation with the dentist or orthodontist can determine if a space maintainer is needed.
- Aligners — Aligners are invisible, aesthetic and can be removed for eating, brushing and flossing purposes.
- Removable space maintainers — They serve the same purpose as fixed space maintainers, except that they can be removed.
- Removable retainer — This appliance prevents shifting of the teeth to their previous position(Relapse).
- Headgears — It is a type of an appliance, which is attached to the patient’s head or face with a neck strap or a number of straps around the head. This device transfers the forces to the teeth via a facebow to the patient’s orthodontic braces or a palatal expander that aids in correcting more severe bite problems or is used in retention of the teeth and jaws of the patient. There are three main types of orthodontic headgear:1
- Cervical headgear: It anchors at the back of the neck and corrects an overbite.
- High-pull headgear: Similar to the cervical headgear, but it anchors at the back of the head. It corrects overbite. It’s often used when a growing child also has an open bite (there is no contact between the upper and lower teeth when the mouth is closed)
- Reverse-pull facemask: Anchors on the forehead and chin in order to move the upper jaw forward and corrects malocclusion.
- Palatal expander — It is an appliance used to widen the arch of the upper jaw.
Will I need to have teeth taken out to make space?Sometimes, there is not enough room for all the permanent teeth (Eg. Crowding). So, there might arise a need for extraction or removal of second/ first premolar to make space. The Orthodontist will inform you whether there is a need.
What are the two phases of Orthodontic Treatment?Orthodontic treatment in Pune takes place in the following two phases: Active phase of orthodontic treatment— Braces are used to align the teeth into proper position and correct the bite. Retention phase of orthodontic treatment— A retainer is used to hold the teeth in their respective new positions for a long time after the orthodontic treatment is done.
How to take care of Braces?Brushing with care is important during braces treatment as food debris can tend to stick around the brackets. Proxabrush recommended by the dentists can help to clean the debris around the brackets and elastics. With braces fixed on the teeth, one should avoid eating food that has sticky consistency or is hard enough as it can lead to the breaking of the brackets and thus delay the total treatment time.
What is the price of Orthodontic Treatment in Pune?An Orthodontic treatment in Pune at Sabka dentist depends on the type of braces one opts for. The various types of dental braces available for orthodontic treatment in Pune are
- Metal braces: This is the most economical option available.
- Ceramic braces: This orthodontic bracket is virtually invisible and affordable.
- Self-ligating braces: They exist in two forms – Metal and Ceramic. They ensure faster results in much lesser time as compared to the traditional metal braces and are hence, comparatively expensive.
- Dr. Jena Shah Dental Director of Sabka dentist says “Dental checkups are important to maintain good oral hygiene and a disease-free mouth”
- Dr. Zita Antao Dental Director of Sabka dentist says “It is recommended that everyone should get a dental checkup done once every 6 months ”
- Dr. Rupali Gujar Dental Director of Sabka dentist says “A dental checkup is a two-step process that includes evaluation of oral tissues followed by cleaning and polishing.”