What work does an Orthodontist do?
You have been planning for getting the treatment for the misaligned teeth or improper jaw. These things affect your chewing habits adversely leading to a bad bite or may give an improper smile. So, while going for the treatment you might get confused about whether to approach the Dentist or Orthodontist. Here, it is the Orthodontist who does the treatment of improper smile. The dentist deals with the treatment of the affected teeth, removal of the cavity, etc., whereas, the orthodontist is more qualified than a dentist who does the complex task of treatment of your misaligned teeth and correcting your smile. If you want to know more about the Orthodontist then you can look below information that can help you.
Orthodontists are specialists in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of the facial irregularities along with treating other dental problems. Several treatment options are available here for fixing bite, crooked teeth, and jaw alignment. Orthodontist gets extra training after completing the dentistry. When you are going for treatment of the proper alignment of the teeth with braces, you need to make sure that you are treated by the Orthodontist. Usually, the Orthodontists does the treatment of the straightening the teeth, they can also help in treating the misaligned bites and treating the painful bites. Just have an assessment by fixing an appointment to the Orthodontist, you can know in more detail the treatment done to you by the Orthodontist.
Difference between Dentist and Orthodontist:
Although, Dentists and Orthodontists work in a similar way with the aim of improving your Oral health, still they work differently. Various ranges of the overall oral issues are covered by the dentist, which focuses on aligning jaws, straightening teeth, and improving your smile. There are some important difference between Orthodontist and Dentist.
Here are some of the important differences between a Dentist and Orthodontist:
– They need to complete a Dentistry Degree.
– They treat and diagnose the problems related to mouth, teeth, and gums.
– They are experts in cosmetic dental procedures like porcelain veneers, tooth whitening, and crowns.
– Dentists are not given more training in the university
– Orthodontists are dental development experts who particularly deal with facial growth
– They improve the bad bites, crooked teeth, and the improper alignment of the jaw
– Orthodontist completes additional three years of full-time training in the university. They specialize in facial growth, orthodontics, biology, biomechanics, etc.
– They are experts in several technologies and various other dental care options including teens, children, and adults.
When to approach an Orthodontist?
Generally, after achieving the age of 8 years, you must check the teeth alignment, jaw movement, and overall facial structure caused due to improper alignment. If you find some problem then an early approach to the Orthodontists can be very beneficial for getting the proper treatment. It is always a good idea that you first visit a dentist initially where they can advise you for getting the Orthodontic treatment needed, if at all. Orthodontist plays a vital role in improving overall Oral health.
Why visit Orthodontist and not Dentist?
A smile is one of the important things which you show to the world. So, any improper jaw alignment, crooked tooth, etc. may hamper your smile. An Orthodontist is a person who gives brings a better smile to your face. The treatment of the Orthodontist is done with the Clear aligners and braces. Orthodontists have expertise and skills in the diagnosis of the Orthodontics treatment.
How to find an Orthodontist?
If you are really keen to go for an Orthodontic treatment then you may wonder, How to find a proper Orthodontist? Here, you need to find a proper Orthodontist for the treatment. Do a little research, check their qualification, testimonials, and a few other things. As the treatment is a longer procedure, make sure that you get a proper discussion with the Orthodontist before starting the treatment.
- Dr. Manan Dhulia Dental Director of Sabka dentist says “When you are facing any of the Oral problems then visit the dentist and if they suggest the Orthodontist then go for it. An Orthodontist deals with specific problems that require expertise for the treatment of oral health and improving the smile.”