Love the white shiny pearl teeth flaunted by celebrities and in advertisements? Absolutely YES, you cannot deny the fact that you wish to have such pearl like teeth shining always enhancing your face and beautifying your smile more. But often when you observe your teeth, the teeth have often developed a thin layer of yellow film. After coming to this understanding, you will now contemplate questions like how to remove the yellow teeth or how to clean the yellow teeth etc.
Relax, Sabka Dentist will help to ease your tension and provide you with causes of yellow teeth and as well as how to get rid of the yellow teeth.
Do you know what are the causes of yellow teeth? Have a look at the below reasons as to why you could end up having yellow teeth.
- The brushing habits of yours are not disciplined and the duration of brushing the teeth is not adequate and is very small. This is the most prime and basic reason for yellow teeth.
- The shine of teeth can be reduced if there is excess fluoride intake due to the toothpaste use. This can develop a thin layer of yellow film and cause yellow teeth.
- Smoking can cause discoloration of the teeth and develop brown or yellow stains on your teeth.
- The intake of soda exceeds the normal level, then it can cause yellow teeth.
- Intake of some medicines also has a role in yellow teeth. For e.g. a pregnant woman will end up having permanent stains on her teeth if she takes tetracycline antibodies in her pregnancy stage too in the second half period.
- Tooth grinding is an involuntary action and if you suffer from it, this can cause the wear and tear of your teeth and result in yellow teeth.
In many cases, when people suffer from yellow teeth, they lose their confidence and self-esteem. Hence, it’s important to get rid of yellow teeth to get back their perfect smile and pearl like shiny teeth.
How to remove the yellow teeth/how to get rid of yellow teeth?
- Control the intake of coloured foods and drinks
You can limit the intake of tea, coffee, sugary drinks, sugary sweets, coloured drinks etc. to avoid the development of plaque on the teeth and thereby avoid yellow teeth in the long run. With the help of regular fluoride toothpaste brushing of the teeth, you can maintain the white teeth.
- Post meal do floss your mouth
With every meal, the fine particles of food get settled on the teeth or between the small spaces of the teeth. These food particles can be a potential house of the bacteria or germs to develop and therefore cause yellow teeth. Hence, make it a rule to properly floss all sides of teeth and mouth after every meal.
- Use whitening toothpaste
There are toothpastes available in the market explicitly for this purpose and maintain white teeth. They contain glues which have the presence of a certain kind of specific substance which will help you to skillfully clean your teeth and remove any stains if developed on your teeth.
- Brushing teeth carefully
This is one of the basic steps, low cost and simplest way to avoid yellow teeth. If you are not aware of proper brushing techniques, please do have a look at them and see how to brush your teeth properly. Improper methods can lead to teeth turning yellow. While brushing the teeth, apply a gentle force to clean them. Also, don’t forget to brush twice a day, the best mantra for preventive care, once in morning and once before bedtime.
- Consume more leafy vegetables and more of carrots
The intake of leafy vegetables and carrots can be included in your meal. These foods are overall healthy and help to avoid discoloration of your teeth also. The saliva along with these foods will dilute the harmful action of acids on your teeth and therefore, prevent the yellow teeth formation.
- Simple and cost-free home remedies
These are some unusual steps to avoid the yellow teeth and almost free you can say. It would be helpful to those having light stains on your teeth or just on one or two teeth here and there. Have a look
- Eat strawberries! Oh yes, you read it right strawberries, mouthwatering simply right?! Basically, they contain a chemical/substances which will brighten up your teeth. Or You can simply crush them and use it as a toothpaste and rub your teeth. Interesting? Do, try and let us know the effect! Also, do make sure to brush your teeth with the normal toothpaste as strawberries contain sugar, you must brush after a while.
- Combine soft drinks with your toothpaste. This will also help you whiten your teeth successfully.
- Visit a good dentist
One of the best ways is to just visit a good dentist to address the issue of yellow teeth. Dentists will provide you the right guide and also give more insights as to how to handle such a situation. The dentist will help you draw down the intensity of the problem as advice to you whether some simple techniques will help or you need to go for any treatment and avoid further wastage of time and start the treatment and hence avoid further damages to your oral health.
For any further queries, call Sabka Dentist, we are here to help you.