What is Teeth Filling
Teeth filling is the procedure where in the decayed part of the tooth is cleaned and filled with a substance such as gold/silver or ceramic. At Sabka Dentist, dentist will consider several factors when choosing the type of material you want for the filling.
Why should I get my teeth filling?
The main goal of this process is to seal the decayed part of the tooth which has been affected due to bacteria. A bacterial infection is always a threat to your oral health. Initially, a cavity attacks the outer layer of the tooth, if it is left untreated it can also harm the inner layer of the tooth. Once the infection cracks deeper, it will be difficult to treat the affected area. It will lead to tooth extraction treatment if you don’t treat the infection at the right time. So, it is always suggested to fill the tooth by a dentist when you find a tiny opening. Otherwise, bacterias halt over there will spread to the adjacent teeth and gums.
The filling option depends on various factors. The same can be discussed with our dentist and you can decide according to your needs, convenience, and cost.
- Amalgam (silver) filling:
It is the most commonly used filling substance. It fills the cracked area of the tooth and restores with the same chewing abilities. It will last for 10-15 years. These days amalgam filling material not used widely.
- Gold filling:
It is an expensive option of tooth filling that last more than 20 years. Gum tissues can tolerate the gold inlays effectively. Hence the dentist at Sabka dentist will consider the gold filling as a better option.
- Composite (plastic) filling:
The color shade of this substance is the same as the natural shade of the tooth. So it can be used to replace the natural appearance of the tooth.This filling material is most widely used as it looks natural and has good strength as well.
- Ceramic Filling/inlay/onlay:
These fillings are mostly made from porcelain. They are ordered from the lab if they want to be made, and afterward attached to the tooth. The color of this material is similar to the tooth and has a guarantee of resistance to stains. A porcelain restoration generally covers most of the area of the tooth. It costs similar to gold filling options.
What can I do if my cavity is deep?
If a large area of a tooth is damaged by bacterial infection then a cap or dental crown may be recommended by the dentist. When the infection reaches the root of the tooth it can even harm the nerve of the tooth. At this point, it can be treated in the following two ways.
- Through root canal therapy – Where the infected nerve will be removed
- Capping – Here with the right amount of treatment the dentist will try to keep the nerve alive.
What is the procedure of the tooth filling?
- Oral Examination: When you visit the Sabka Dentist clinic our dentist will check your mouth and find the area where the filling is required. To understand the depth of the infection, a checkup may incorporate an X-ray which is cost- free at sabka dentist.
- Cleaning the decay: After the oral examination, the dentist will remove the decayed part of the tooth.They will use a drilling machine to remove the infected part.
- Filling: Once the affected part is free from infection the dentist will seal the tooth with a filling substance. Typically this whole procedure may take 15-30 minutes.
- Depending upon your severity of the infection the procedure will change. If the infection reaches the roots of a tooth then root canal procedure will be performed. This will take a longer time than a normal tooth filling.
How to find a Dentist?
Teeth filling treatment is available at all Sabka dentist clinics.You can find your nearest clinic by visiting our website or you can call us directly to book an appointment.