Today, we are surrounded by so much information or we live in the “age of information” or even age of misinformation as it gets manipulated easily. In the same way, even in dentistry there are many myths and misinformation and so it’s very important that a patient is aware of facts and basic information about simple dental issues. Fighting tooth decay could be troublesome so here, we help you with the interesting facts about the tooth decay and tips to prevent the tooth decay!
What is tooth decay?
Tooth decay is common in many people and is the root cause of many dental issues. There are hundreds of bacteria in your mouth but some of them may be harmful, so eventually along with the plaque when a conducive environment is developed for these harmful bacteria to bloom, they start settling down on your teeth and an acidic element is produced and this causes tooth decay.
Let us look at some interesting facts about tooth decay or tooth decay facts and tips to prevent the tooth decay
- Your diet plays a pivotal role – The food intake is very important. People generally drink tea, coffee, cold drinks etc. many times in the day and these are acidic beverages and cause harm to the teeth. Similarly, sweets, chocolates, sugar laced drinks and all must be avoided, and their consumption frequently can create troubles. They are all the starting point for the plaque to develop on your teeth which in turn will eventually cause tooth decay as explained above.
- Oral hygiene is a must always – Poor oral hygiene can cause the plaque to develop and then result in tartar. Now, this tartar is a house for the microorganisms to explode and cause the pH level to come down or become low and be a catalyst for caries. Caries are nothing but tooth decay. Therefore, its important to brush twice a day and floss too maintain oral hygiene every day.
- Cleanliness of Interproximal areas (the area between two proximal teeth surfaces) is a must. You can clean the interproximal areas with the help of interdental brushes, or dental tape or floss.
- Use proper brushing methods or techniques are a key to keep all infections at bay. There are many techniques like Bass man technique, Still man technique, Charter technique etc. Have a look at one of the techniques
- The toothbrush to be placed at 45-degree angle in contrast to the gum surface. Gently move the brush to and fro and clean the outer and inner surfaces of chewing teeth or the biting area
- With the help of the tip of the toothbrush, make sure to you clean the inside or rear surfaces of the front teeth
- Remove the bacteria even from your tongue by brushing it and freshen your breath
- Toothbrush plays an important role. Make sure your toothbrush is not a hard one as it’s very aggressive on your teeth and may cause harm to your gums. Generally, a soft toothbrush is best. Even replace your toothbrush every 3 months and don’t use it till all its bristles wear off.
- Tooth decay can be addressed or cannot be given a chance to develop at all if you follow the discipline of regularly visiting a dentist every 6 months for a routine dental check-up. A routine dental check-up is the most low-cost effective treatment, minimally invasive and a preventive one as it will help to detect the dental issues well in advance before things get complicated and serious.
- Keep an eye on what your child eats, if you have one. Children are most vulnerable to tooth decay as they feed on a number of things and don’t follow the discipline of brushing twice a day. As a responsible parent, teach them the benefits of oral hygiene and take them for a regular dentist visit as they are very sensitive to infections.
- One of the most interesting facts about tooth decay is that sugar is the culprit. Since with the name of sugars, mostly what comes to mind is Diabetes, but to your surprise sugars do a great deal of damage to your teeth so limit the consumption of sugars for yourself as well as your children.
Sabka Dentist was created with an aim to bring a change in behavior of the people about their oral care as teeth are an equally important organ of your body. So, you must share these facts with family and friends and persuade them to reap the benefits of regular dental check-ups and save energy, time, money and have a peace of mind in the long run free of dental issues.
We also offer FREE Dental check-ups and Professional teeth cleaning and scaling at a very low cost, which will be surprising to pamper and experience an amazing dental treatment with a cost efficient price.
Sabka Dentist also provides various dental treatments, we are one stop solution for all your dental problems. We are expertise in dental implants, dental braces, crown and bridges, root canal treatments, whitening teeth treatment, Laser dentistry, etc. For any further queries and questions, call us for an appointment about any dental treatment.
- Dr. Reena Waghela Dental Director of Sabka dentist says “The root cause of many dental issues is tooth decay which is easily treatable provided the patient has a regular dental check-up on time.”
- Dr. Priyanka Shingore Dental Director of Sabka dentist says “Sugars are the biggest culprits which eventually cause tooth decay, so its paramount that one limits its consumption, follows proper oral hygiene and maintains a discipline of brushing teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste.”
- Dr. Manan Dhulia Dental Director of Sabka dentist says “The basic way to arrest the development of decay is proper brushing techniques for it will help you avoid infections and all harmful bacteria, therefore knowledge about brushing techniques is very essential.”
Dr. Jena after graduating as a Dental Surgeon in 2007 she started working under a well known private practitioner as an associate Dentist. After one and a half years of experience in private clinic she joined a reputed trust Total Dental Care in january 2010 and continues her work with us till the time it got converted into a large dental chain SABKA DENTIST.
Dr.Jena is associated with SABKADENTIST from the time of its inception. Initially she worked as an associate Dentist and was promoted to the post of Dental Director in August 2011. Initially she was given a responsibility of handling many operations of the clinic. Her hard work paid off when she was ultimately given the charge of Audit and Compliance of all clinics of SABKADENTIST across 5 cities. Her solitary goal is to put the company on the peak through stringent Audit and Compliance.