Oh yes, it is pretty much a thing now. Rather a trend, who knows? Well, we at Sabka Dentist for sure do. We all know that exercise is good for our body, but did you know that there are exercises that can improve your smile and hence your personality? Facial exercises can be as effective as a surgical facelift for improving skin tone and elasticity, reducing visible lines, and helping to perfect your smile.
Just like any other part of your body, there are muscles in your face. These muscles can be firmed and strengthened through exercise, which helps to increase blood flow and improve muscle tone. Face exercises not only will improve your smile, but can also help you look younger and healthier.
You must try the following three facial exercises to help you get a charming and adorable perfect smile. (While these exercises independently also make a positive difference to your smile, the effect can also be used in close association with certain cosmetic dentistry procedures to get better results.)
The smile exercise
Simple and straightforward, this incremental exercise in smiling practice improves the facial muscles that control your smile, which will give you greater control over your happy expressions. Start by sitting or standing in front of a mirror, whichever is more comfortable, with your face and lips in a relaxed state.
- Stretch the corners of your mouth laterally (to the sides) while keeping your lips
together; hold for 10 seconds.
- Expand the lateral stretch and part your lips to expose the edge of your teeth; hold for
- Stretch further laterally and expose about half of your teeth; hold for ten seconds.
- Smile as wide and hard as you can, with all your teeth showing; hold for ten seconds.
- Repeat steps 3, 2, and 1 to reverse the smile gradually.
For additional exercise, you can go through all of the above steps, using your index fingers to stretch the corners of your mouth and create the different smiles.
The smile line eraser
With this exercise, you can work at reducing the appearance of fine lines around your mouth, helping you look younger and giving you a more natural, brilliant perfect smile. In yoga, this exercise is referred to as the fish pose. Here’s how to do it:
- Pucker up: purse your lips as dramatically as possible by sucking in your cheeks and rolling your lips out.
- Attempt to smile while you’re puckering.
- Hold this pose until there’s a mild aching sensation in the muscles around your mouth, then release.
This exercise should be done only once a day, in order to avoid straining the muscles of your face.
The silly rabbit
In this exercise, you’ll tone your cheek muscles while increasing the flexibility and control of your smile. You may or may not look in a mirror while performing this exercise. (If you have a tendency to laugh at silly faces, you should probably skip the mirror.) Here are the steps for this face exercise:
- Smile as wide as you can, without opening your lips. Try for an ear-to-ear grin.
- Wiggle your nose like a rabbit until you feel your cheek muscles engage with the
- Hold the pose for 5 seconds.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3, 10 times
The facelift exercise
One particular facial muscle, the quadratus labli superioris, is essential for maintaining a youthful appearance. Developing this muscle helps to prevent facial sagging and ensure resiliency. Below are two exercises to help utilize this muscle to your advantage.
- With your mouth slightly open and the upper lip relaxed, flare out your nostrils and wrinkle the nose with an exaggerated motion.
- Pull up the upper lip and hold for a count of 10. Slowly release.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2, 10 times.
The Smile Wide technique
As the name suggests, this exercise is relatively a huge part of our daily lives. But the trick here is, that you smile wide, for about 15 seconds, hold that smile and repeat this over 10 times. Not only will this cause a stretch and strain in your cheek muscles, but will also increasingly make you feel happier than before. And slowly, it would become a habit, smiling off at things that make you feel in a certain way.
What is of significance here is that, this needs time and one’s devotion. Without it, these smiling exercises will make no difference to your facial structure. Incorporate these facelift exercises to your daily health routine, devoting at least 30 minutes just to it. In a few months, you will start showcasing the results to the world, and also seeing it for yourself.
Other than that, what is to be kept in mind is that you got to feel that contentment genuinely from within. The biggest enemy of your skin loosening up or stress showing on your face is just unhappiness. The facelift exercises and happiness, work hand in hand, simultaneously. Face exercises can help you improve a great smile, especially when used in conjunction with cosmetic dentistry procedures.
There are a lot of other ways of maintaining great oral hygiene and clean teeth to ensure that you have an adorable smile. Visit any Sabka Dentist dental clinics for a Free Dental Checkup today. Click here to book your appointment today.