Dental braces also called orthodontics are the wire-based dental appliances that a braces specialist – orthodontists use to correct overcrowded and misaligned teeth or jaws.
People who need braces opt for them in early teenage, even adults can also be benefited from wearing them. Proper alignment of the teeth and jaws that produces proper biting and beautiful smiles is the only motive of dental braces.
Teeth Braces appliances come at different materials, features, and prices. The brace is an introduction to both traditional as well as modern dentistry. Modern dentistry has introduced a new and easy yet comfortable way of wearing braces and that is invisible braces or clear aligners.
Clear aligners are used to correct minor faults of the teeth. Hence, it is the best choice for adults with less faulty teeth.
Cost, pros, and cost of the clear aligners are comparatively more than fixed braces.
Hence, consider everything before opting for any braces. Usually, many people prefer fixed braces because it is cost-effective and also properly correct dental problems
Braces materials and the use of modern technologies make it very easy for people who are having braces.
Why are dental braces needed?
Dental braces are the ideal choice that offers corrective treatment for:
- crooked teeth
- Too much gaps between teeth
- Upper front teeth that come beyond the lower teeth
- Other jaw misalignment problems that cause an uneven bite
Once the teeth are properly aligned in a position, it will not only improve the appearance of the teeth or jaw but make sure to keep the health of your mouth and other health up-to-the-mark. It will also correct the way you bite and chew.
Adults and braces
Adults with braces will require a longer time to get the results as compared to braces worn by younger people but results in what you get are similar. It corrects the correcting crooked teeth or a misaligned jaw. In adults, it is seen that there is no growth in the jaw and hence, it will create problems that are not even corrected by the braces.
Dental braces result effectively but, there are some risks associated with it.
- Short-term risksIn the on-going procedure of braces, small spaces are created around the teeth that may trap food particles, inviting bacteria and plaque to settle. If the food particles from the teeth are not removed it may lead to
- Mineral in the enamel may lose that can cause yellow stains on the permanent set of teeth.
- Cause problems like tooth decay and gum disease
- Long-term risks
Long-term risks may include:
- Loss of correction. An orthodontist helps you to give a beautiful smile and teeth. You can achieve all of this only if you follow proper guidelines given by the orthodontist. If not followed after the braces are removed, the orthodontist will give retainer to wear to finally support your teeth from other losses. If not worn properly you may lose some of the correction gained while wearing your braces.
Reduction of the teeth damage
To reduce the risk of damaging your teeth and braces:
- Avoid eating sugary and starchy foods and beverages, which poorly add to the formation of plaque and tooth decay.
- Brush carefully and precisely- if you are wearing braces, make sure to brush your teeth after every meal. Because no leftover food particle is stuck on the tiny gaps and brackets.
- Rinse thoroughly to get all leftover food particles out of your braces. After cleaning your teeth check your teeth in the mirror.
- Use a fluoride mouthwash– ask your dentist to recommend for a good mouthwash
- Floss- flossing while braces are worn is very important. Floss underwires so that no food particles are stuck on the teeth. The orthodontist will also provide you with a soft toothbrush.
- Avoid sticky foods when you are having braces eating sticky food can easily wear off the brackets because of this food
- Avoid eating hard substance food- food like ice, carrots, candies, etc. should be avoided while braces are worn. It may lead to the breaking down of the braces.
- See a dentist frequently for a check-up a if you have braces worn make sure you see a dentist on a regular basis so that there should not be any problem.
- Follow proper guidelines
- lack of proper caring of the braces may extend the treatment time which can result in a complication.
After braces treatment
Braces are the best choice to realign crooked teeth that helps to correct improperly positioned jaws that create a nice and beautiful smile and a healthy mouth.
Braces give a result in three or two years. Retainers are worn ideally after the orthodontic treatment ensuring final stability. The person wearing the braces will result in playing the successful role of the treatment. Follow the orthodontist’s instructions precisely to get the final results.;
- Dr. Rupali Gujar Dental Director of Sabka dentist says “Orthodontics more commonly related to the term braces is a specialty of dentistry that focuses on improving the alignment of teeth and thus helps improve a person’s oral health and smile.”
- Age for Clear aligners
- 8 Advantages of wearing aligners
- Protecting Your Healthy Smile while Wearing Braces
One thought on “About Braces”
what is the cost of orthodontic treatment ?