Every individual must know the importance of good health habits to avoid health-related issues. Taking proper dental care is very essential as it helps to avoid different dental problems. Tooth pain, tooth loss, gum disease, infection on the pulp of the tooth, bad breath, etc. are some of the dental problems that can trouble an individual.
However, apart from dental problems, only some people know that improper dental care can also cause different heart problems too. Various studies have observed that people with bad dental health are more susceptible to different heart risks. In many cases, it is seen that different dental issues have shown warning signs on heart-related problems too.
Is there a relation between dental care and heart disease?
Many of the different studies and research have found that there is a direct relation between dental health and heart problems. Many people suffering from dental issues have some heart problems like chest pain, minor attacks, heart valve complications, and other heart-related problems.
The mouth of the human has innumerable bacteria, some are good for health and some are bad for health. Good bacteria help in the digestion of the food and maintain good dental health. Bad bacteria are very infectious to dental health that can cause other problems in the body. They enter the bloodstream of the body and infect the heart lining adversely. These bacteria in some cases settle in the valves of the heart that impacts the blood flow to the heart.
Can gum disease cause heart problems?
It is found that the dental issues coming from gum diseases like Gingivitis and Periodontitis have a higher risk of heart disease. The bacteria on the gums easily enter the body bloodstream that further caused the other heart disease. The accumulations of the bacteria on the infected gums are problematic to the blood vessels that impact the heart of the person that causes various heart problems.
Some of the common symptoms of gum problems are:
- Gums start bleeding while eating, brushing, or flossing.
- Gums become swollen and reddish marks develop on it.
- On some occasions, pus also occurs on the gums.
- There is an irritation sort of feeling in the gums that are infected.
- There is a bad breath in the mouth frequently and a bad taste is experienced during the gum-related problems in an individual.
If you observe any of the heart-related problems then do consult the expert soon. Few symptoms of heart problems can help to take care of it properly.
What symptoms suggest different heart problems?
- Irregularity in the heartbeats
- Chest pain is an indicator of the major heart problems
- Problems in breathing
- A feeling of the fatigue
- A minor heart attack is also an indicator of the heart problem
Knowing different heart-related symptoms, a person must visit the expert without any delay. However, before that, it is very essential to take care of all dental care early to avoid different heart-related problems.
What prevention steps can be taken?
As we understood the effects of dental problems on the heart, it is important to take proper prevention soon.
Here are some of the prevention steps to take for avoiding dental problems along with heart problems associated with it:
- Brushing the teeth twice a day is probably the common basic dental care to avoid bacteria build-up on teeth. Proper brushing at night before going to sleep will clean all food particles and bacteria from teeth.
- Flossing properly can remove small food particles and plaque layers from between the teeth.
- Avoid habits like tobacco chewing and smoking.
- Using the toothpaste with a proper amount of fluoride in it.
- Avoid eating sticky and sweet food frequently, as it causes more bacteria development on the teeth.
- Use a proper toothbrush to get effective cleaning from brushing activity.
- Visit the dentist on a regular basis after an interval of every six months to know minor dental problems and treat them.
It does not matter whether dental health affects the health of the heart directly or indirectly, a proper dental care is essential. By taking proper care of dental health, you can prevent heart problems along with proper health.