While maintaining dental healthcare, wisdom teeth are very important ones as they are the last set of teeth to erupt in the mouth. Some people feel pain during the eruption of a wisdom tooth. It is mainly due to the lack of space in the corner of the mouth during eruption.
Also, at a later stage, when it becomes difficult to clean the wisdom tooth resulting in decay. So, either during the eruption phase or later stage of wisdom tooth, the removal of the wisdom tooth is commonly observed.
It is a very difficult phase for a few months after wisdom teeth removal. As they are the permanent teeth set, it causes pain after the removal. A person needs to be particular after tooth extraction food to be eaten. Apart from that special care must be taken on other aspects too for a few weeks.
How long does it take to recover after wisdom tooth extraction?
Initial 2 weeks are sensitive after wisdom teeth removal, as special care needs to be taken. Depending on the wound, a person can totally recover after 5 to 7 weeks properly. So, for at least 2 month’s period, you need to take care properly.
There are some things that need to be avoided and some to be followed after wisdom tooth extraction. After tooth extraction food must be taken very carefully, as they impact the area of the teeth.
What can be done immediately after wisdom tooth removal?
- A proper medication will be given after the extraction of the wisdom tooth. It will aid in the recovery process and speed up the healing process.
- For the first few hours, the outer surface of the mouth must be treated with an ice pack. It will minimize the swelling after the removal of the wisdom teeth.
- Avoid spitting on the day when the tooth is removed, it will help to stop the swelling process.
- Take complete rest for the next day after wisdom teeth removal.
Proper care must be taken for some days after extraction of the wisdom too. Also, some of the habits must be followed to heal.
What to eat after tooth extraction?
There are some of the foods you need to avoid and prefer after the extraction of the tooth.
Food to avoid after wisdom tooth extraction:
- Some of the fruits like guava, jackfruits, berries, and other fruits that are hard must be avoided.
- The chip type of food like wafers must be avoided as they are crunchy and a little pointed which can be troublesome for the area where the tooth is removed.
- Nuts must be avoided as they are harder and small which can hurt the area in the mouth where the wisdom tooth is removed.
- Sticky candy can also be avoided as it can stick in the area where the wisdom tooth is removed.
Food to prefer after wisdom tooth extraction:
- Cheese is softer that can be eaten after the removal of the tooth extraction
- Avocado can be eaten after the removal of the tooth extraction
- Mashed potato is very easier to eat that does not need to chew hard
- Ice Cream is better to eat for the first two days after the extraction of the wisdom tooth, it will also help in controlling the swelling during the initial phase.
- Cake is softer which can be preferred to eat after tooth removal.
- Juice of any of the soft is a better option to take after the removal of the wisdom tooth.
- Bananas are a nice option that hardly needs to be chewed by teeth that can be directly swallowed.
Apart from these, there are many other foods that can be preferred to eat after wisdom tooth removal. A person must also take special care of a few other things after the wisdom tooth removal.
What care to take after wisdom tooth removal?
In general, a person must take care of a few other things while they remove the wisdom tooth.
Here, are simple few things to take care of after removal of wisdom tooth:
- Avoid eating from the side where the tooth is removed and eat from the other side for a few days.
- Rinsing with the solution of the warm water mixed with the salt will help to soothe the sore gums and eliminate the swelling.
- Prevent the infection by using antiseptic mouth rinsing.
- Try to sleep in a position that can exert less pressure on the side of the tooth removed.
- Keep the mouth clean to avoid any infection to the oral health.
These are some of the simple care which can help to avoid any further complications and heal faster. In case, you have any difficulty or more pain then visiting the dental expert is better. Ensure that you keep away from daily habits for a few days. Following a better caring process will heal it properly.