What Causes Gap in Front Teeth?There is never a sudden gap between front teeth in an individual. The gap usually forms gradually over a period of time. In most cases, the gap in front teeth forms as soon as the permanent teeth erupt in a child. In other cases, the midline gap arises due to some habit after the eruption of the permanent teeth. However, some common causes of the gap in front teeth are:
- Missing tooth or teeth
- One or more teeth that are smaller in size than the remaining teeth
- Small teeth for comparatively larger jaws
- A thick, muscular tissue, called the labial frenum, that connects the upper lip to the gums
- Tongue-thrusting habit
- Thumb-sucking habit
- Poor gum health or gum disease
How to Fix Gap in Front Teeth?Can you fix the gap in your front teeth by yourself? Of course not! The gap in front teeth need to be treated by your dentist at the dental clinic. There are several treatments to fix gap in front teeth, following are:
- Orthodontic treatment (Braces)
- Dental veneers
- Dental bonding
- Teeth effect bands, and many more
Prevent Reappearance of Gap in Front TeethThe most commonly recurring instances of the gap in front teeth are those that occur due to tongue-thrust and thumb-sucking habits and the midline diastema. Your dentist will always take precautions to never let these gaps in your front teeth recur if they are caused due to these above-mentioned factors. In the case of habits like tongue-thrusting or thumb-sucking, the orthodontist uses devices to eliminate these habits in the patient. As mentioned earlier, a frenectomy prevents the midline diastema from reappearing. However, if the gap in your front teeth is due to gum disease or underlying bone infection, the individual must take utmost care to maintain exceptional oral hygiene in order to prevent a re-infection, which can result in the reappearance of the gaps in the teeth. If you have gaps in between your front teeth and wish to close these spaces, visit your nearest Sabka Dentist clinic today! Our team of in-house dental experts will not just evaluate the cause of the gap in your front teeth but also close them to give you that beautiful smile you have been longing for!
Permanent Solution For Teeth Gap
The gap between the teeth can make you feel more self-conscious due to food accumulation, improper smile, and an unimpressive look. There are some permanent solutions for teeth gaps which fixes the spacing between the teeth. Fixing the gap between the teeth can bring a better smile to your face along with an aesthetic look.
How to fix gap between teeth
If you want to improve the quality of your smile and improve dental health then fixing the gap between teeth is the primary thing to do.
How to fix the gap between teeths?
Some of the commonly used treatment options for closing the space between teeth are Dental Bonding, Veneers, Braces, Aligners, etc.
Teeth Gap Treatments
A gap between the teeth is one of the major issues that cause the food accumulation between teeth, unimpressive smiles, and inappropriate aesthetic looks. The good news is that some teeth gap treatments can fix the space between the teeth. Dental Bonding, Veneers, Braces, and Aligners are some major treatment options. Depending on the suitability and ability a proper treatment option can be chosen.
- Dr. Jena Shah Dental Director of Sabka dentist says “Gaps in teeth, especially in the upper front teeth are a common occurrence.”
- Dr. Rupali Gujar Dental Director of Sabka dentist says “Diastema or gaps in between teeth are easy to treat and most patients are extremely happy to have a flawless smile after the gaps are closed.”
- Dr. Manan Dhulia Dental Director of Sabka dentist says “Tooth-coloured fillings, veneers, crowns, bridges, implants and braces can help close the gap in front teeth.”