Do you know why the dentists suggest getting a checkup every 6 months?
It’s because regular dental visits are very important for maintaining healthy teeth and gums. In between these examinations, it’s important that you work to keep our teeth and gums clean and healthy.
And here’s some very good news: all dental checkups and consultations at Sabka Dentist are FREE. The benefits of check-ups far outweigh any minor inconveniences caused while booking an appointment and will help you decide the best course of action to take with your oral care.
Putting off regular checkups, or refusing to go to the dentist at all, often leads to complications, pain, and expenses that could have easily been avoided. For example, easily treatable dental issues such as decay and cavities when left unchecked can affect other teeth, cause gum problems or lead to tooth extraction.
What does a regular Dental Check-up include?
One part of the dental examination includes checking teeth for tooth decay. The dentist will evaluate the health of your teeth and gums. The dentist will also pay special attention to plaque and tartar. The soft plaque can harden on the teeth and irritate the gum tissue. If not treated, plaque can lead to gum disease.
The Dental Examination:
The dentist will assess the health of your teeth and gums by:
- Examining the gums
- Looking for signs of gum disease
- Checking for loose teeth
- Examining your tongue
- Checking your bite
- Looking for visual evidence of tooth decay
- Checking for broken teeth
- Checking for damaged fillings
- Looking for changes in the gums covering teeth
- Evaluating any dental appliance you have
- Checking the contact between your teeth
- Taking X-rays
After the examination, the dentist will tell you about the health of your teeth and gums and then make additional recommendations. It’s important that you see your dentist every six months and that they do the routine examination. By seeing a dentist on a regular basis and following daily good oral hygiene practices at home, you can keep your teeth and gums healthy.
8 Signs you may need Dental Check-up Immediately:
- Tooth Pain
- Annoying and Persistent Canker Sores
- Strong tooth sensitivity to Hot and Cold
- Swollen Gums and frequently bleeding gums
- White spots on teeth
- Constant dry mouth
- Chronic Headaches
- Changes in the Mouth/Tongue color
Why Sabka dentist provides free Dental Check-up?
Sabka Dentist which is currently one of the largest and most popular dental clinic chains in India was set up in 2010 with an intent of making dental treatment affordable, accessible and available to all segments of the society.
Preventive dental checkups are not opted by the majority of the population since they do not want to pay a dentist without having a concrete dental problem. Most people delay the treatment by bearing the pain and visit the dentist only when the problem has become extremely painful and critical.
The solution to this was to eliminate the barrier of the “cost of the preventive dental checkup”. We decided that Sabka Dentist will not charge for preventive dental checkups since preventive checkups are the first step towards dental awareness.
- Dr. Ankita Gada Dental Director of Sabka dentist says “Dental check-ups will decrease the potential for all oral health problems becoming serious. While they may show you that immediate action is your best option, in the end, this will save you money compared to paying for more expensive major dental works later on.”
- Dr. Reena Waghela Dental Director of Sabka dentist says “Regular dental visits are important because they help to keep your teeth and gums healthy. During the dental check-up, your dental professional will check your overall oral health for any trouble areas.”
- Dr. Jena Shah Dental Director of Sabka dentist says “Many time individuals not able to find if they have any dental threats. A dental checkup assures you are free from the risk.”