Pediatric Dentistry in Mumbai
Talk to a Dentist Now!
What is a Pediatric Dentist?
Pediatric Dentistry is a branch that basically deals with the examination and treatment of dental health in children. The best pediatric dentists in Mumbai are supposed to take care of the overall oral health condition of infants, children and even teenagers.
They hold specific qualifications and experiences that are targeted to take care of the child’s/baby teeth and gum health and other dental problems throughout various stages of their life until their teenage.
Pediatric Dentistry is vital because the treatment procedure often differs from an adult, probably because adults usually do not need any reassurance about dental care. Whereas a child needs it in the entire growing stage to make sure that their permanent teeth do not suffer from severe diseases.
Common Pediatric Dental issues
Kids face a lot of dental issues that have the same effect as that of the adults except for the fact those children have soft gums that are not fully developed. Therefore, untreated dental conditions may result in poor and misaligned tooth development that may lead to some serious issues when the child grows up.
Following are some of the most common pediatric dental issues-
- Tooth Decay – Tooth Decay is one of the most common dental issues that children between ages 11 to 13 experience. A decaying tooth is a result of bacterial accumulation on the teeth surface that lives within the mouth which gives rise to plaque that eventually destroys the tooth’s enamel. However, the good news is this condition can be avoided by properly brushing and flossing their teeth with good fluoride toothpaste.
- Dental crowns – Dental crowns are used to restore decayed or damaged chewing teeth which if left untreated may give rise to intense damage to the tooth enamel or even the nerve. Under such cases, the paediatric dentist in Mumbai uses a stainless steel crown to restore the damaged teeth which are very carefully attached to the tooth surface to prevent further damage of the teeth until they are permanently lost.
- Dental fillings – The tooth-colored dental fillings are used to restore the front or back of teeth to achieve a pleasant appearance. This material can also be used to repair fractured or decayed teeth. However, it is the dentist’s duty to match the color of the tooth as closely as possible.
- X-Rays– Children undergo a rapid change in the tooth and gum structure which is not visible with naked eyes. In such cases, the pediatric dentists recommend children to undergo an x-ray procedure every six months to make sure that the child is at a lower risk of tooth decay or other dental issues.
- Dental cleaning – Our pediatric dentist in Mumbai usually reviews the dental condition of the child and the overall medical history that may harm the child’s dental health before starting the cleaning procedure. Next, the mouth is cleaned properly to remove the tartar deposit from the surface of the teeth which may result in the formation of cavities or gum diseases.
- Fluoride – The paediatric dentist in Mumbai after cleaning the surface of the teeth usually applies fluoride that protects and also strengthens the weak areas against tooth decay. The fluoride is responsible for the remineralization of the decaying spots and prevents tooth decay in this way.
- Cavities – Cavities are normal among children and this occurs due to the bacterial build-up in the mouth. These bacteria usually react with the sugar content of foods and drinks which gives rise to an acid that slowly decays the tooth enamel. This gives rise to numerous cavities that may also damage the nerve. To avoid this, the best pediatric dentist in Mumbai prefers treating such conditions at an early stage.
- Pulp treatment – Pulp treatment or pulpotomy is the treatment to repair affected nerves and blood vessels in the teeth which may occur as a result of tooth decay or even tooth injury. Children avoiding this treatment may experience pain, swelling or even tooth loss.
- Early orthodontic care – Children who have a crooked or crowded oral development are advised to undergo orthodontic treatment. Undergoing orthodontic treatment at an early age helps in preventing extensive orthodontic treatment in the future.
- Tooth removal – Tooth can be extracted for a number of reasons like an extensively decayed tooth or other orthodontic reasons. The best pediatric dentists in Mumbai consider this as the last resort to treat a severely decayed tooth.
- Sealants – The sealants are used to cover up the naturally occurring pits and grooves of the surface of the teeth that may result in the formation of plaque. These cracks are thoroughly cleaned and then filled up with a plastic coating that is applied to the surface of the teeth. The sealants can be very effective in filling up the dental pits and fissures.
How to choose a Pediatric Dentist in Mumbai?
The most essential point in choosing the best pediatric dentist in Mumbai is as follows-
- The qualification of the pediatric dentist must be confirmed before making an appointment or bringing our child to the pediatric dentist to make sure that that dentist is verified. It is equally important to keep a note of the experience and reputation of the pediatric dentist in Mumbai.
- The next most important factor is your child’s comfort. It is very important for your child to feel comfortable with the pediatric dentist and the staffs present there.
Why select Sabka Dentist?
Sabka Dentist is probably the best pediatric dentist in Mumbai & also in other cities like Bangalore, Pune, Surat, etc. The clinic has more than 500 dentists working around all the branches who are handpicked based on their qualifications and experience.
However, people seem to choose Sabka Dentist over any other regular dental clinic because Sabka Dentist aims to provide high-quality dental service at an affordable cost.
- Dr. Jena Shah Dental Director of Sabka dentist says “Dental checkups are important to maintain good oral hygiene and a disease-free mouth.”
- Dr. Zita Antao Dental Director of Sabka dentist says “It is recommended that everyone should get a dental checkup done once every 6 months.”
- Dr. Rupali Gujar Dental Director of Sabka dentist says “A dental checkup is a two-step process that includes evaluation of oral tissues followed by cleaning and polishing.”