Sabka Dentist – Braces Treatment
Dental Braces Treatment
Dental braces treatment is used to rectify crowded or misaligned tooth or crooked jaw shape with a wire-based appliance. Most people use dental braces during their early teenage years to rectify the shape of the jaw or teeth. The main motive of this treatment is to re-align the teeth and jaws to produce a better bite shape.
People who require minor corrections may also choose using an invisible brace that is a removable appliance and can be customized. Most of the adults choose to undergo this version of teeth braces treatment as they achieve an acceptable and natural appearance. In either of the cases, it is very important to consult with an experienced Orthodontist and get a clear idea of this procedure. To achieve the best result, Orthodontists may also choose to use a fixed dental brace to rectify dental structure. But thanks to the latest innovative materials and technologies, that has made dental braces much more comfortable now.
Why is it done?
Dental braces usually offer rectifying treatment for-
- Congested or crooked teeth structure
- Greater space between teeth
- Upper front teeth overlapping the lower teeth either vertically or horizontally.
- Other jaw misalignment issues that result in an uneven bite.
But it is very important for the people to remember that proper alignment of the teeth and jaws can not only improve the appearance of the teeth or jaw but it also affects the overall oral health.
How much do Braces Cost?
The braces treatment cost usually depends on the severity of the teeth or jaw condition, physical condition, and the type of dental brace to be used. Patients may also avail dental insurance that usually covers the entire treatment cost. It is recommended to check out the insurance coverage limit before undergoing the procedure.
Types of Braces
Currently, the teeth braces treatment has given rise to many options that we can’t even imagine. So following are the most common types of braces –
- Conventional braces- Earlier braces consisted of a metal band around each and every tooth. Conventional braces usually clamp wire with a single bracket attached to the front side of the tooth. At the back of these teeth, few bands are used to anchor the wires.
The second option for undergoing a conventional brace is switching to a clear or natural-colored ceramic brace. But the only problem with that brace is that the natural appearance disappears too quickly. However, the treatment time is least in conventional braces but that gives the most undesired appearance.
- Aligners- The Aligners are a transparent tray-like structure that needs to be changed every two weeks to make space for the movement of the teeth. They are usually kept in the mouth for about 20 to 22 hours per day and then finally removed a few hours before having a meal. These are usually least visible and do not affect the daily chores of life like brushing or flossing your teeth.
- Self-ligating Braces- This is another dental braces treatment that uses a wire passing through a petite clip within the bracket. This system eliminates the requirement of an elastic band to move the teeth.
- Lingual Braces- Lingual braces are quite similar to those of conventional braces that come without the bracket and are attached to the backside of the teeth. This is usually not visible and is a very effective treatment. Customizing lingual braces may increase the dental braces cost but following the instructions provided by the Orthodontist is very important to complete the treatment procedure.
How braces work?
The dental braces usually apply a fair amount of pressure on the jaw or teeth over a long time that gradually changes the shape and structure of the jaw or teeth. With the movement of these teeth, the underlying bone changes its pattern out of pressure. Now you must be wondering how these braces even work and what are they even made of?
- Braces are small square-like structures that are directly attached to the front of the teeth either with a special agent or with an orthodontic band. There are different types of brackets that are currently available in the market like a stainless steel one, a tooth-colored ceramic type, a plastic-type. In very rare cases the brackets are cemented to the back of the teeth to make them least visible.
- Orthodontic bands are either made of stainless steel or are tooth-colored material that is attached to the teeth with a special agent. They usually wrap around each tooth and provide an anchor-like shape to form the brackets. There are cosmetically aesthetic options but that increases the dental braces cost.
- Spacers use a separator between teeth when a person requires a small gap before fixing the orthodontic band with the teeth. The brackets are also attached to the archwires that help the tooth or gum to move in the right direction. Now ties are required to make a secure connection to the bracket. Finally, a buccal tube might be used sometimes to take a grip on the last tooth.
- There are springs that might be placed between the bracket that pushes, pulls, opens and closes the spaces between teeth.
- Some elastics or rubber bands like materials are attached to the hooks of the brackets that are to be fixed between the upper and lower teeth in various possible ways. This rubber band applies pressure to the upper teeth against the lower teeth to achieve the desired shape.
- There are also some mini-braces that are smaller than any traditional brace and are used for maintaining a teeth line. These are also plastic retainers that can rectify severely crowded teeth. Every orthodontist discusses these options before the patient undergoes the procedure.
The orthodontists may want to keep their patients under supervision and ask them to visit the clinic every month to check if the braces are in the right position. If they find out that the existing treatment is not creating enough pressure on the jaw then they might create more pressure on the teeth by adjusting the wires, springs and rubber bands. In some cases, the dentists may also find that the pressure applied is not enough to straighten the teeth or shift the jaw then an external appliance may also be installed.
Wearing a teeth brace usually involves no risk and it is a very safe procedure. However, there are exceptions and some people may experience some long term and short term risks.
Short term risk usually includes unhygienic oral health which may give rise to tiny spaces around the teeth that can trap tiny food particles. This may result in the formation of plaque deposits that can not only damage the teeth enamel but can also result in tooth decay.
In some dental adjustments, there are chances that patients can feel some pain and discomfort in the mouth. In that case, Orthodontists usually recommend medications that can help to reduce pain. But if the pain turns out to be unbearable then you must consult with your Orthodontist and either remove the brace or make the required adjustments.
The long term risks involve shorter root length that may occur due to an inappropriate tooth movement due to the dislocation of the existing bone. This may result in permanent loss of tooth root. It is very crucial to follow the instructions that are provided by the surgeon especially after removing the braces. This is because after removing the dental braces, patients may need to use retainers that may result in losing the acquired result.
How can Sabka Dentist help?
Sabka Dentist can help its patients in every possible way. Some of them are-
- Affordable pricing- The clinic provides the best treatments at a pocket-friendly rate. Even though the exact price of any treatment procedure cannot be presumed as that depends on many factors. But Sabka Dentist offers different payment options to its patients like zero percent EMI, payment through Bajaj Finserv, Capital Float, etc.
- Accessible locations- Sabka Dentist has clinics in Mumbai, Pune, Surat, Ahmedabad and Bangalore and each of these clinics is located in the most accessible locations. So patients will face no difficulty in attending monthly sessions.
- Hygiene and Technology- The clinic maintains an absolute hygienic environment and utilizes the latest technologies. The surgeons here are all experienced and are capable of performing the best safest dental procedures and keeps themselves updated with the latest technologies. All the dental equipment is sterilized in an autoclave to maintain absolute hygiene.
- Expert dentists- Sabka Dentist has over 550 dentists around India who prides in utilizing the latest technologies. They aim to provide the best dental treatment to all the patients at a very affordable price. The dentists in this clinic provide both long term and short term treatment procedures in a very comfortable ambiance. Sabka Dentist maintains high standard technologies and pain-free techniques for patients.
So anyone thinking to undergo a Dental brace treatment must request the Sabka Dentist team for an appointment and get the best advice from the best dental surgeons.