Several people desire to have good dental health throughout their life. However, most people could hardly achieve this as they have to go through some or other dental problems. To properly take care of oral health, it is essential to take care of overall Oral health. Teeth pain is the most common problem, but gum disease is also another problem faced by people.
These gum disease problems make it difficult for people for food, chewing and issues like bad breath. Bleeding gums is one such dental problem that has troubled many people. It has baffled many individuals with a lot of pain.
Bleeding gums causes a lot of uneasiness in the people, making it necessary to find the solution quickly. Many of the people even get less appetite due to bleeding gum problems. Unless you follow proper hygiene habits for your dental health, it is difficult to achieve nice dental health.
Before, going for any medications, it is always better to look for home remedies for bleeding gums. This can help you to achieve results without any side-effects and get better results.
Bleeding gums can also be due to gum diseases like Gingivitis and Periodontitis. Improper maintenance of the gums, improper brushing habits, development of the plaque, etc. are the main reasons behind the bleeding gums. In plaque development, a white substance gets to develop on the gums and creates a crater to some extent.
The bacteria slowly start developing in that particular region. Some of the early symptoms of the bleeding gums are discoloration in the gum, inflamed gums, receding in the gums from the area of teeth, food tastes differently while chewing, bad breath, the build-up of pus on the gum of the teeth, bleeding while brushing the teeth, etc.
Applying simple home remedies for bleeding gums can help cure gum disease. Here, you can avoid heavy medication and treat it with Home remedies.
What causes gum diseases?
The main reason for gum disease is due to plaque build-up. It is the bacterial layer building on the teeth and gum that is a little sticky. These bacterial layers irritate the gums and then cause damage.
The gum disease causes the problem to the teeth around the gum disease. They further loosen the teeth that cause more pain. So, it is essential to keep the mouth free from the bacteria that can cause gum-related issues.
After analyzing the gum disease or knowing the symptoms, it is essential to visit the dentist soon. It is essential to treat Gum disease sooner for better oral health. This will reduce gum disease and provide more relief for it.
In gum disease, the earliest stage is Gingivitis which causes the inflammation of the tissues around the teeth. Swollen gums, reddish marks, bleeding, etc. are some of the common symptoms observed here. This occurs mainly due to poor oral hygiene maintenance. The severity of Gingivitis varies widely.
If the Gingivitis stage of the gum disease is not treated soon, Then it leads to a more severe problem called Periodontitis. This is the later stage that occurs after Gingivitis. Here, more severe symptoms are observed like a loose tooth, and pain in the mouth.
Here are some of the home remedies for bleeding gums:
- Brushing daily: A proper brushing done twice in a day is one of the better ways to keep away with the problems like bleeding gums. A good brushing removes all the food items stuck inside the crevices of the tooth and also combats the bacteria development on the teeth. This helps in averting problem like gum diseases to a lot of extents.
- Inclusion of Vitamin C in food: Vitamin C in good food has anti-inflammatory properties that can heal the injury. They reduce the risk of gum diseases like Gingivitis and Periodontitis. Oranges, grapefruit, mango, strawberry, etc. are some of the Vitamin C enriched fruit that is essential to treat gum disease.
- Reducing the stress: Studies have found out that stress has been one of the reasons for bleeding gums. The very fact that many people are now stressed due to their hectic lifestyle has paved problems for gum diseases in many of the people.
- Rinsing with tea tree oil: Tea tree oil has some of the natural antibiotic properties which help in removing the bacteria and blood clotting. Rinsing the mouth with tea tree oil is very helpful in avoiding the gum related problems.
- Drinking Cranberry juice: Cranberry juice is very effective in combating the development of Streptococcus mutans bacteria on the gums. This controls the spreading of the plaque on the teeth and gum area. It has some anti-inflammatory properties that can heal all gum diseases and improve oral health.
- Rinsing with saltwater: Saltwater is also considered effective in solving oral issues for years. One spoon of salt must be added to one glass of warm water and mixed properly. Rinsing water is one of the most recommended solutions for the bleeding gums problem. A cup of warm water and a pinch of salt should be taken and properly mixed. Afterwards, rinse your mouth properly with this solution thrice or four times a day. It’s anti-inflammatory and anti-septic abilities help to stop the infections arising due to the bleeding gums. The rinsing must be done for around 10 minutes in the mouth.
- Oil pulling: Oil pulling is a very age-old method to clean the mouth, it dilutes the plaque and bacteria that is difficult to remove from brushing. Also, the anti-microbial properties possessed by these oils help to heal the gums nicely. During oil pulling, the specific oil is pulled into the mouth, and then the gargling is done for around 10 minutes. It is then spat out completely that contains many unwanted bacteria. Clove Oil has anaesthetic properties which help in relieving the pain to a lot of extents. Three drops of Clove oil should be mixed with the coconut oil and then applied to the bleeding area of the gums. This procedure should be done thrice or four times a day.
- Tea Bags: Tea Bags contain tannic acid which helps in blood clotting by tightening the bleeding vessels. The use of black tea can give quick results here. The teabag should be dampened in the warm water and then placed on the gum to have a bit more lightly. It should be held likewise for at least 7 to 8 minutes, and the activity is done four times a day. Green tea is very instrumental in reducing the problems like gum disease. The inflammation here gets reduced due to the antioxidant properties it has. The damaged gums are reduced immensely due to the antioxidant property of green tea. The polyphenols present in green tea help in reducing the bacteria in the gums. Here, one can even drink green tea instead of coffee.
- Calendula Leaf and Chamomile Tea: Chamomile and calendula leaves are found to be very effective in treating gum related problems. Gingivitis and Periodontitis can be protected in a much simpler way with the help of the Chamomile and calendula leaves tea. They have nice antifungal abilities and antiseptic properties which can block the plaque-forming bacteria and control the gum bleeding. This tea bag can also be mixed with the lemon juice to make it more effective against the bleeding gums problem.
- Turmeric Paste: Turmeric is a well-known anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial herb. The bacteria, plaque and any other infection can be effectively controlled by turmeric. Turmeric powder has an anti-inflammatory and anti-septic problem that can heal gum disease. They clean the bacteria to many extents that can clean the mouth nicely. Make the paste by mixing turmeric powder, a little pinch of salt, and any mustard oil. It will give some fantastic results.
- Baking soda: Baking Soda remove the sticky bacterial material from the mouth that is difficult to remove with brushing. It also removes the plaque that helps to clean the teeth.
These are some of the general home remedies for bleeding gums that could help in controlling the bleeding gums problem. Although, these remedies can give you nice results, visiting proper dentistry is always advisable to acknowledge the depth of the problem.
You can even find a better solution for bleeding gums problems. Still, applying simple remedies can avert the bleeding gums problem easily.