Several people desire to get nice dental health throughout their life. However, most of the people could hardly achieve this as they have to go through some or other dental problems. Bleeding gums is one such dental problem that has troubled many people. It has baffled many individuals with a lot of pain. Bleeding gums causes a lot of uneasiness in the people, making it necessary to find the solution quickly. Many of the people even get less appetite due to bleeding gum problems. Unless you follow proper hygiene habits for your dental health, it is difficult to achieve nice dental health. Before, going for any medications, it is always better to look for home remedies for bleeding gums. This can help you to achieve results without any side-effects and get better results.
Bleeding gums can also be due to gum diseases like Gingivitis and Periodontitis. Improper maintenance of the gums, improper brushing habits, development of the plaque, etc. are the main reasons behind the bleeding gums. In plaque development, a white substance gets to develop on the gums and creates a crater to some extent. The bacteria slowly start developing in that particular region. Some of the early symptoms of the bleeding gums are discoloration in the gum, inflamed gums, receding in the gums from the area of teeth, food tastes differently while chewing, bad breath, the build-up of pus on the gum of the teeth, bleeding while brushing the teeth, etc. Applying simple home remedies for bleeding gums can help to cure the gum disease easily. Here, you can avoid heavy medication and cure it in a natural way.
Here are some of the home remedies for bleeding gums:
- Brushing dailyA proper brushing done twice in a day is one of the better ways to keep away with the problems like bleeding gums. A good brushing removes all the food items stuck inside the crevices of the tooth and also combats the bacteria development on the teeth. This helps in averting the problem like gum diseases to a lot of extents.
- Inclusion of Vitamin C and Vitamin K in foodThe anti-oxidant properties of Vitamin C are useful in connecting the tissues fostering the healing of bleeding gum. Vitamin K helps in the blood clotting process which makes it simpler to clot the blood quickly. So, intake of the food items which has a higher quantity of Vitamin C and Vitamin K makes simpler to heal bleeding gums.
- Reducing the stressStudies have found out that stress has been one of the reasons for bleeding gums. The very fact that many people are now stressed due to their hectic lifestyle has paved problems for gum diseases in many of the people.
- Rinsing with tea tree oilTea tree oil has some of the natural antibiotic properties which help in removing the bacteria and blood clotting. Rinsing the mouth with tea tree oil is very helpful in avoiding the gum related problems.
- Drinking Cranberry juiceCranberry juice is very effective in combating the development of Streptococcus mutans bacteria on the gums. This controls the spreading of the plaque on the teeth and gum area.
- Rinsing with saltwaterRinsing water is one of the most recommended solutions for the bleeding gums problem. A cup of warm water and a pinch of salt should be taken and mixed properly. Afterward the mouth should be rinsed properly with this solution thrice or four times in a day. It’s anti-inflammatory and antiseptic abilities helps to stop the infections arising due to the bleeding gums.
- Clove OilClove Oil has been known as one of the better ways to deal with oral problems for long years. The eugenol component in the Clove Oil has anesthetic properties which help in relieving the pain to a lot of extents. Three drops of Clove oil should be mixed with the coconut oil and the mixture should be applied to the bleeding area of the gums. This procedure should be done thrice or four times a day.
- Tea BagsTea Bags contain tannic acid which helps in the blood clotting by tightening the bleeding vessels. Use of black tea can give very fast results here. The teabag should be dampened in the hot water then place on the gum have bite in a lighter way. It should be held likewise for at least 7 to 8 minutes and the activity is done four times a day.
- Calendula Leaf and Chamomile TeaChamomile and calendula leaves are found to be very effective in treating gum related problems. Gingivitis and Periodontitis can be protected in a much simpler way with the help of the Chamomile and calendula leaves tea. They have nice antifungal abilities and antiseptic properties which can block the plaque-forming bacteria and control the gum bleeding. This tea bag can also be mixed with the lemon juice to make it more effective against the bleeding gums problem.
- Turmeric PasteTurmeric is a well-known anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial herb. The bacteria, plaque and any other kind of infection can be effectively controlled by turmeric. The paste can also be made by mixing turmeric powder, a little pinch of salt, and any of the mustard oil. It will give some of the fantastic results.
These are some of the general home remedies for bleeding gums which can help in controlling the bleeding gums problem. Although, these remedies can give you nice results, visiting proper dentistry is always advisable to acknowledge the depth of the problem. You can even find a better solution for bleeding gums problems. Still, applying simple remedies can avert the bleeding gums problem easily.