When a person has some misalignment of the teeth problem then it becomes very problematic for them while doing daily activities. Also, there are some long-term problems associated with it too. Generally, the misalignment problem of the teeth is due to crooked teeth, crowded teeth, underbite, overbite, improper jaw matching, etc. These problems about teeth misalignment are treated using braces through Orthodontic treatment. Ultimately, after an interval of some period, the desired teeth take the proper position to give proper teeth alignment. Here, the braces time is longer ranging from 12 months to 24 months.
How do the braces work?
While going for the braces treatment, an Orthodontist will assess the position of the teeth properly and then plan for the treatment accordingly. The braces are then put properly in the correct position. The braces apply appropriate pressure on the desired teeth to move them in the specific direction as needed. In some cases, the awkward teeth create problems while putting the braces. Here, the teeth need to be removed if feasible. Removing teeth for braces side effects are hardly observed in any of the cases. Your teeth after braces treatment will appear in the desired position. The instructions given by the Orthodontist must be followed for a few days after the removal of the braces.
What are different braces and their features?
There are different types of braces options available for the treatment. Depending on the suitability, costs, and the choice of the patient, particular braces are chosen for the treatment. The teeth braces time period for treatment may differ a little during the treatment, generally, it is approximately the same duration. We will eat different types of braces now.
Here, are different braces options along with their important features:
1. Metal braces
Metal braces are one of the traditional braces that have been used for many years. It has given some of the very nice results of making the teeth alignment better.
- They are made mostly of metal and a small amount of other materials.
- It consists of brackets and archwires. The brackets are put on the surface of each tooth and the archwires hold the brackets together. They collectively exert pressure on the teeth for proper teeth alignment.
- These braces are easily observed when the mouth is opened.
- Metal braces cannot be removed by the patient when needed.
- They are relatively less costly when compared to the other braces treatment.
2. Ceramic Braces
Ceramic Braces have the same appearance like metal braces, the only thing about is that it is made of the Ceramic material. They have a color similar to that of natural teeth.
- They are made from Ceramic material.
- It has the brackets and archwires that are put on the teeth surface. The brackets and archwires have the color of the natural teeth.
- Ceramic braces cannot be easily seen by a third person when the mouth is opened.
- These braces cannot be removed by the patient when needed.
- Ceramic braces are costlier than metal braces.
3. Lingual braces
Lingual braces are put on the inside surface of the teeth and they exert pressure from there. They are the same as metal braces.
- Lingual braces can be made of metal or ceramic material as needed.
- These braces have brackets and archwires on the teeth surface from the inside region.
- As these braces are put from the inner side, they are not easily observable. However, if seen carefully, they can be detected.
- Lingual braces create a little problem while eating and talking due to the presence of the braces.
- It is not possible to remove the braces when needed.
- Lingual braces are often costlier than traditional metal braces and ceramic braces.
SDalign are the aligners that are put on the teeth and can be removed when needed. These braces have been chosen widely by many people now.
- SDalign does not have any brackets and archwires, they are made with different techniques.
- They have a color like that of the teeth, so they are not easily seen anyone.
- These braces can be removed when needed in important activities like eating a certain food or cleaning teeth.
- SDalign is a little costly than the other types of braces.
These are some of the important features of different types of braces. All the braces treatment takes around similar braces time for getting the treatment. Many people may feel like removing it before the given teeth braces period. However, it is mostly not possible as the braces treatment needs some duration for the complete treatment process. You also need to visit the Orthodontist during the treatment process, as braces alignment needs to be done properly. A proper follow of the guidelines will give the desired result for teeth alignment.